What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Center Germany Woes

BallyWilliams suck

Registered
Had a small order from the PC in Germany, mainly as I needed a couple of items I couldn't get elsewhere.

I ordered a translite, but they sent the wrong one. They've asked me to send it back, for a replacement - although postage back to them is over half the cost of the translite itself.

Obviously I appreciate mistakes happen, but where do I stand with this? In the UK, the fault would lay with the company, who would arrange collection or pay shipping back. What happens in these circumstances?

Cheers

If they have shipped you the wrong item at their mistake, they should either pay for the return shipping, or send a courier to pick it up.

As far as i was aware this was EU law too...

They should refund your postage once received (so send it signed for)

I would email them and ask them if they intend refunding the postage on receipt, although id prefer prepaid return postage or similar.
They are the ones that haven't fulfilled the contract you both agreed (supply of translight X)

I would read through their small print though as they may have specified the buyer bears the brunt of return cost

I sent a faulty ramp back to Ministry of Pinball and they paid full postage and sent back another ramp so that is what I would expect with Pinballcenter.

I think they try this on sometimes, I've read a few reports on pinside where customers in a similar situation have complained because they asked them to pay for the shipping to return the item. Generally after making enough of a stink they say they will cover the cost of the postage to return the item.

It's difficult to arrange collections for returns cost effectly when you're not a gigantic mail order company, but having ordered thousands of pounds worth of parts from Pinball Center over the past few years I can honestly say they've never disappointed me with customer service. You should be fine, they're great guys!

The way I usually handle returns for my own business, especially for overseas orders, is just ask the customer to get proof of postage or a receipt which shows how much you paid. Send a copy / email it. Then reimburse by refunding the cost of return off your order. Nice and simple really.

It also depends who is at fault as to who should cover returns. From what I see on Pinside, it's 90% the buyers fault. A faulty part or translite however, the blame DOES lie with the supplier.

I think they try this on sometimes, I've read a few reports on pinside where customers in a similar situation have complained because they asked them to pay for the shipping to return the item. Generally after making enough of a stink they say they will cover the cost of the postage to return the item.
They've sent me the wrong thing on multiple occasions. I've not used them in a long time now, and probably won't unless forced.

It's difficult to arrange collections for returns cost effectly when you're not a gigantic mail order company, but having ordered thousands of pounds worth of parts from Pinball Center over the past few years I can honestly say they've never disappointed me with customer service. You should be fine, they're great guys!

The way I usually handle returns for my own business, especially for overseas orders, is just ask the customer to get proof of postage or a receipt which shows how much you paid. Send a copy / email it. Then reimburse by refunding the cost of return off your order. Nice and simple really.

It also depends who is at fault as to who should cover returns. From what I see on Pinside, it's 90% the buyers fault. A faulty part or translite however, the blame DOES lie with the supplier.
I've never had a problem with customer service with them either. I will say that. Sent me out some new plastics when i showed them they arrived damaged and i didn't have to return them. Although the new plastics that turned up were also marked abit..

No issues here with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a small order from the PC in Germany, mainly as I needed a couple of items I couldn't get elsewhere.

I ordered a translite, but they sent the wrong one. They've asked me to send it back, for a replacement - although postage back to them is over half the cost of the translite itself.

Obviously I appreciate mistakes happen, but where do I stand with this? In the UK, the fault would lay with the company, who would arrange collection or pay shipping back. What happens in these circumstances?

Cheers
When this happened to us (was not the pinball center gmbh by the way ..we never had a problem with their service.)we listed the incorrect item here on the forum for what it cost us..solving two problems..
1) not being lumbered with a translite we did not want..
2) helping out a forum member with the translite he wants....
Just a suggestion....(unless it's gilligans or popeye they sent you then there is no obvious solution :rofl:............)

Last edited:

Cheers
Have you spoke to them yet and what are they saying, it sounds like it was just an accident but it would be good to hear what they're going to do about it.

what is the translight you wanted, and what is the translite you received?

Might be that you could move the unwanted one on in the UK to a forum member, then tell the chaps in Germany and suggest they give you a bit of discount for saving them a buck or two? Win win?

Also one of the chaps on here may have the translight you are looking for? Win, win, win, win - i think :)

They've agreed to pay postage. They do seem very professional - so alls well.

The translite I received was a data east Star Trek. So if anyone wants it, it was about £45 ? Otherwise it's going back in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom