What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball cabin decorating

lukewells

Registered
10 Years
Here is what I started last week :-

PANO_20141017_223927 (Medium).jpg

I've got another 3-4 translites hiding somewhere in the house to find, plus about another 35 flyers to go up, so it's all taking shape nicely. Can't wait till it's finished, it makes it look much more gamesroomy to me :)

Needs more Neon!! ;-)

Looking good Luke - I would give my right arm for a room light that. ;-)

Got plenty of neon :) but turned them all off ages ago as they glare on the glass too much. Going to get some dark tinted perspex to encase the neons so they don't go to waste

Hmmm your right arm you say? I'm just wondering how much quicker I'd be able to get through board repairs with an extra arm - let me have a think about that one :rofl:

I didn't think it through Luke - it would scupper any chances of me playing a decent game of Pinball.

(although some would argue I can't do that with two arms either) :rofl:

I've filed your pictures away in my stash to show the missus when we get shifted to somewhere with a nice big garden ;-)

Here is what I started last week :-

View attachment 11398

I've got another 3-4 translites hiding somewhere in the house to find, plus about another 35 flyers to go up, so it's all taking shape nicely. Can't wait till it's finished, it makes it look much more gamesroomy to me :)

Looking miles better. Always said you needed to do something with that acoustic plasterboard.

Looking miles better. Always said you needed to do something with that acoustic plasterboard.

Thanks!

I know, it's just never been high priority. It's only getting done because I can't play pinball at the moment. I'll have the majority of all the walls covered soon, and then playfields will cover the ceiling. Probably got 10-12 so far

I keep having back problems recently, it's becoming a real hindrance. Need to stop moving heavy arcade machines about

There were a few of us at Play Expo, nursing a bad back. I had to stop myself from lifting machines or pull it again. We are not getting any younger as there were a few of us all suffering.

It's just occurred to me, why don't pinball machines have wheels built in? This is done on flight cases for PA/audio equipment, much of which is around the same size/weight as a pinball machine. I'm thinking of something like these edge recessed castor wheels. They'd be mounted on the rear bottom edge. They're recessed so only protrude a little and as they're on the bottom back edge they would be almost unnoticeable. Remove legs, fold and strap backbox, and up she goes like a sack track. Proof is in the pudding of course. Supposed I should try it on one of my own pins!

w2060-00[1].jpg

Or even something like this if you didn't want to cut slots in the cabinet to recess the above type:

$T2eC16FHJHIFFhsmp5mkBRii!Mt(sQ~~60_12[1].JPG

It's just occurred to me, why don't pinball machines have wheels built in?

Do you really want 300lb of pinball machine rolling away from you when you turned your back away from the game to see how to load in to a vehicle... plus they move easily enough in the back of vans without needing any extra help! Which is why we pack them in tight and / or secure them with ratchet straps...

Back
Top Bottom