What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at warp factor 8 .... long live the Electric Circus .. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arcade is open tomorrow and Saturday from 11am to 11:45pm

On Sunday we host the first Midlands league meet of the year

Tea , coffee and squash is provided but the bar is open from 11am

Food will be served in the afternoon with a vegan option

thanks to Andy Mania more machines are now working

Tournament games will be on 4 ball play with extra balls optioned OFF

only change to line up previously announced is EAPTM as realised we didnt have an alpha numeric game in the comp!

Captain Fantastic
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Fireball 2
Doctor Who
Medieval Madness
Attack from mars
Family Guy
Tron
Batman 66 &
Jurassic Park (Stern)

ELECTRIC CIRCUS
GAME STATUS UPDATE 13th FEBRUARY 2020
PINBALL MACHINES
released
ACDC PRO​
2012​
ADDAMS FAMILY​
1992​
ATTACK FROM MARS​
1995​
BACK TO THE FUTURE​
1990​
BANZAI RUN​
1988​
BATMAN 66​
2016​
BLACK KNIGHT SWORD OF RAGE​
2019​
CIRQUS VOLTAIRE​
1997​
CLASS 1812​
1991​
DEADPOOL​
2018​
DIRTY HARRY​
1995​
DOCTOR WHO​
1991​
ELVIRA PARTY MONSTERS​
1989​
FAMILY GUY​
2007​
F14 TOMCAT​
1987​
HIGH SPEED​
1985​
IRON MAIDEN LEGACY OF THE BEAST​
2018​
JURASSIC PARK (STERN)​
2019​
MEDIEVAL MADNESS​
1997​
MONSTER BASH​
1998​
MUNSTERS PREMIUM​
2019​
ROAD KINGS​
1986​
SCARED STIFF​
1996​
STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION​
1993​
TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS​
1996​
TAXI​
1988​
TERMINATOR 2​
1991​
THEATRE OF MAGIC​
1995​
THUNDERBIRDS​
2018​
TRON​
2011​
TWILIGHT ZONE​
1993​
classic area games​
CAPTAIN FANTASTIC​
1976​
CENTAUR​
1981​
ELEKTRA​
1981​
FIREBALL 2​
1981​
KISS​
1978​
SILVERBALL MANIA​
1979​
SPACE INVADERS​
1980​
VECTOR​
1982​
WIZARD!​
1975​
VIDEO GAMES
ALIEN EXTERMINATION​
OUTRUN 2 TWIN DRIVER​
POINT BLANK​
SCUD RACE TWIN DRIVER​
TABLE TOP CLASSICS​
TERMINATOR SALVATION​
UPRIGHT 19-1 80s CLASSICS​
UPRIGHT 300 IN 1 CLASSIC​
other
AIR HOCKEY​
POOL TABLE (2 tables)​
BRUM KIDS RIDE ON CAR​
OLLY THE OCTOPUS TOY GRABBER​
TABLE FOOTBALL (2 tables)​
FRUIT MACHINES (OVER 18S ONLY)
DEAL NO DEAL BANKERS GAMBLE​
DEAL OR NO DEAL COPS N ROBBERS​
FAMILY GUY DRUNKEN CLAM​
QUEEN I WANT IT ALL​

Good morning all,

Firstly a big thank you to Steve and his staff for hosting the first meet of the season for the Midlands League. A good turn out considering the atrocious weather in some of the surrounding areas.

After double checking all of the scores (which is why there is some variance from the scores seen yesterday) attached are the results.

The next meet is hosted by David Hall in Alvechurch on Sunday 8th March, email will be sent out the week before with all details - if you are not on the email list, or wish to be removed, please let me know.

Finally, one last request - could people please RSVP to future meets, as it can potentially cause problems with unexpected numbers turning up.

Thanks

WayneMeet 1.JPG

Finally, one last request - could people please RSVP to future meets, as it can potentially cause problems with unexpected numbers turning up.
One of my friends runs ClubEvent a club/group event management platform, dealing with invites, rsvps, tickets, payments (pre online/on the door cash) via web or club app. It's evolved from archery and rowing clubs but the use cases are somewhat generic. Not free, but he's a talented developer and would tweek to add sensible requirements if needed. Perhaps worth a look https://www.clubevent.co.uk/
Advertisement over :D

Video games now up to full strength

No pinballs in or out recently as nothing suitable out there!

20200217_213835.jpg

Lot of new young people in tonight after a regular posted and shared a video in the morning. Now seen by 4.7k and counting ..

Most popular pins of 2020 so far

BLACK KNIGHT SOR
JURASSIC PARK
ST TNG
DEADPOOL
MUNSTERS
ATTACK FROM MARS
IRON MAIDEN PRO
FAMILY GUY
BATMAN 66
MEDIEVAL MADNESS

Munsters taking money then @steve brum. Amazing how the general public doesn't think its rubbish like some on here. Its very close to Aerosmith in layout I find, which I do love - but I do prefer the music in AS.

Glad your doing well.

So do you have a Radical or Party Zone on the incoming list?

See the old Bally/Williams are still paying for themselves.

Munsters taking money then @steve brum. Amazing how the general public doesn't think its rubbish like some on here. Its very close to Aerosmith in layout I find, which I do love - but I do prefer the music in AS.

Glad your doing well.

So do you have a Radical or Party Zone on the incoming list?

See the old Bally/Williams are still paying for themselves.
Munsters is no great game but it has a couple of the immediate, very pleasing tricks that TAF had in bulk which IMO made it sell - the xylophone slide up (and down!) on the ramps is irresistable!

Though of course 'pinball quality' is a factor, the top-earner list from the Nuneaton club is almost always a beauty pageant listing. Top listed are always the newest Sterns, and to dissolve the idea that it's position in the arcade or that it's specially the Star Trek license, the TNG in there is blinged up to the maximum and is really inviting - invisiglass, pinstadium, good LED choices, ColorDMD, PinSound... smack on a video screen instead of the DMD and nobody would know it wasn't a new game just from appearance.

That being said, some regulars have less obvious favorites and they affect that top listing almost by themselves sometimes!

With all respect @PBrookfield - these games are made to make money.

Most pinball players are not like members of this forum, they see if they like the look of it and then put some money in. Maybe have about 3 minutes of fun and move onto the next...... As you said the blingy bits do help! But I seriously do not see invisiglass as being a pull for a 'normal' player. STTNG is a great theme like 9 out of 10 of the list. I know about a dozen people who played munsters. The non-pinball crowd seem to love it. Figures and ratings talk for themselves.

Most pinball players are not like members of this forum, they see if they like the look of it and then put some money in. Maybe have about 3 minutes of fun and move onto the next...... As you said the blingy bits do help! But I seriously do not see invisiglass as being a pull for a 'normal' player. STTNG is a great theme like 9 out of 10 of the list. I know about a dozen people who played munsters. The non-pinball crowd seem to love it. Figures and ratings talk for themselves.

I played munsters a fair bit when it was on free play for the Xmas cracker! It’s an unusual game (get the ball into the lower play field for miniature play )

Last edited:

I think you're underestimating much nicer games look with invisiglass on. They look newer, easier to see, cleaner. You don't have to know it's there (or what it's called or even what it does) to spot how obviously shiny, bright and inviting a TNG with that (and all the other mods) looks when lined up with a row of standard WPCs. People might not even say 'the glass is clearer' or be able to quantify it but I'm quite sure that it never goes unnoticed. People do repeat-play games but for a coin-or-two then moving on, they don't play all of the games. But if TNG always takes a go or two from everyone then on average it's killing it.

Other than that with my post I'm actually agreeing with you so I think I wasn't being all clear in my earlier post.

Club and arcade will be closed from midnight Friday until further notice

We are not waiting for the government to order a total shut down even though we believe that is inevitable

We take public health and safety very seriously and personally I am in the "very high risk" catergory for medical reason so need to personally self-isolate

The promised help from central government to support the hospitality sector is very sketchy and even if delivered may take months

Unlike what some think , a fat cheque isnt landing on landlords doorsteps anytime soon

As I said on facebook - the flashing lights are dimming all over the world

Staying positive , Courtney and myself have been exeptionally prudent in the way we run the club avoiding unnecessary liabilitys by owning virtually everything (our bandits our pool tables our jukebox etc) . As we are licensed for offsales we may even sell bottles out of a side entrance!

We also have a LOT of machines to fix and refurbish plus general club maintenance that is hard to do whilst open to the public

For those facing boredom in self isolation :

A machine went on long term loan to Arcade Hub earlier in the week
We MAY consider short term loans to local pinheads MAYBE in exchange for a donation to our club contingency fund or general maintenance (ie rubber strip and clean fitting LEDs etc). PM me to discuss.

So its "impulse" power rather than "warp factor 9" at the moment but "we will be back" (groan two franchise puns at once!)

Thankyou and stay safe

Club and arcade will be closed from midnight Friday until further notice

We are not waiting for the government to order a total shut down even though we believe that is inevitable

We take public health and safety very seriously and personally I am in the "very high risk" catergory for medical reason so need to personally self-isolate

The promised help from central government to support the hospitality sector is very sketchy and even if delivered may take months

Unlike what some think , a fat cheque isnt landing on landlords doorsteps anytime soon

As I said on facebook - the flashing lights are dimming all over the world

Staying positive , Courtney and myself have been exeptionally prudent in the way we run the club avoiding unnecessary liabilitys by owning virtually everything (our bandits our pool tables our jukebox etc) . As we are licensed for offsales we may even sell bottles out of a side entrance!

We also have a LOT of machines to fix and refurbish plus general club maintenance that is hard to do whilst open to the public

For those facing boredom in self isolation :

A machine went on long term loan to Arcade Hub earlier in the week
We MAY consider short term loans to local pinheads MAYBE in exchange for a donation to our club contingency fund or general maintenance (ie rubber strip and clean fitting LEDs etc). PM me to discuss.

So its "impulse" power rather than "warp factor 9" at the moment but "we will be back" (groan two franchise puns at once!)

Thankyou and stay safe

Just apply for that grant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the grants for all pubs etc that are covered by small business rate relief will be paid direct by the local authority BUT they have told me today that all applications (you have to claim every new tax year ie before 1st April) are taking up to 16 weeks. So... as I read it they wont issue these central govt grants until you have qualified for the rate relief. we qualify this year but April is a new claim. you cant apply directly for the grant only the SBRR . Club has been here since 1922 but isnt relevant to this grant. its not your size or turnover just your liability for business rates. I am not usually a cynic but waiting to release funds in the new tax year whilst you are not YET getting the SBRR stinks.

And to be honest the sums mentioned are not going to save many in this sector anyway without extra help

Whilst the arcade stays 99% silent there is always stuff to do .. like shifting through 50 crates of parts for a start!

Courtney has been busy , starting with older games . Personally l'm so proud to see Dave Rolfe"s old KISS fully working and ready to take coins sooner rather than later we hope! Its such a buzz seeing folks enjoy the machines and to hear that arcade wall of sound. One reason l always leave the video games in attract mode is to get that vibe.

received_226972255331942.jpegreceived_791037644758369.jpegreceived_143754810399679.jpegreceived_906844473109044.jpegreceived_694991811270037.jpeg

All quiet on the Fife Street front

Hoping to open as soon as possible but like all pubs awaiting government guidelines

To put the record straight ; despiite the physical size of our building and its high underlying running costs ie those bills that need paying open or not , one of the reasons we picked this buidling was its low rates. That means we got the lower covid grant (£10k) AND the savings in rates from the governnent raising of the thresholds is a "mighty" £1043 a year. Being a new start up , all profits have been ploughed back into the business as we expected for the first year. I took no wages or dividends. Courtney took no wage. So no furlough for us. Even our staff can't get furlough as all on casual contracts. NONE of the suppliers such as Severn Trent or our electric company will offer ANY concession. And normal banks wouldn't touch us when we opened so we have an online only bank. Guess what , they arent on the gvt loan list so no interest free bounce bank loan for us.

Anyway , stuff has been sold (several hundred bits and peices on eBay , a dozen project machines and a few games that were not "keepers")

Our customers , both boozers and gamers , are keen for us to get going again and there will be some NICE surprises in the arcade when it reopens. Not only the superbly restored by Courtney older games we have posted about on Facebook but other stuff we will announce nearer the time.

In the meantime we have set up on online raffle group. Tickets are a fiver each and the prize for the first raffle is an X Box

Thanks for all the pinheads who have took part already

Please check it out and share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/636760307051096/

Was nice to meet you both the other day when I dropped the machine off and have a look around. And play Munsters.

Can’t wait to come and play when everything gets back to normal

Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom