What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at warp factor 8 .... long live the Electric Circus .. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ELECTRIC CIRCUS
GAME STATUS UPDATE 19th JUNE 2019
PINBALL MACHINES
ACDC PRO​
working fine​
ATTACK FROM MARS​
working fine​
BACK TO THE FUTURE​
out of order​
BATMAN 66​
working fine​
CIRCUS VOLTAIRE​
working fine​
CLASS 1812​
working fine​
DEADPOOL​
working fine​
DEMOLITION MAN​
out of order​
DIRTY HARRY​
out of order​
FAMILY GUY​
working fine​
GAME OF THRONES​
NEW IN​
INDEPENDENCE DAY​
out of order​
IRON MAIDEN LEGACY OF THE BEAST PRO​
working fine​
LORD OF THE RINGS​
working fine​
MEDIEVAL MADNESS​
working fine​
MONSTER BASH​
working fine​
MUNSTERS PREMIUM​
BRAND NEW​
NO GOOD GOFERS​
working fine​
REVENGE FROM MARS​
working fine​
ROAD SHOW​
working fine​
SCARED STIFF​
working fine​
SOUTH PARK​
working fine​
SPIDER MAN​
working fine​
STAR TREK 25TH ANNIVERSARY​
working fine​
STAR TREK STERN​
working fine​
STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION​
working fine​
STAR WARS EPISODE ONE​
working fine​
STAR WARS TRILOGY SPECIAL EDITION​
out of order​
TERMINATOR 2 JUDGMENT DAY​
working fine​
THE ADDAMS FAMILY​
working fine​
TOMMY​
working fine​
THUNDERBIRDS​
working fine​
TRON PRO​
working fine​
X MEN​
working fine​
machines in classic area awating update to take coins:​
BLACK KNIGHT​
CAPTAIN FANTASTIC​
EARTHSHAKER​
ELEKTRA​
F14 TOMCAT​
HIGH SPEED​
MEDUSA​
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA​
TAXI​
WIZARD​
VIDEO GAMES
HOUSE OF THE DEAD​
working fine​
OUTRUN 2 TWIN DRIVER​
working fine​
TIME CRISIS 3 TWIN​
working fine​
TURTLES 4 PLAYER​
working fine​
FRUIT MACHINES (OVER 18S ONLY MAIN BAR)
BATMAN​
working fine​
KING OF GAMES VIDEO SLOTS​
working fine​
FAMILY GUY DRUNKEN CLAM​
working fine​
POOL TABLE​
working fine​
TABLE FOOTBALL​
NEW IN​

After a mad Saturday the original electric circus is no more
A collector loaded up a pile of metal parts to save them from scrap and 65 crates of parts now sit in our container with the 30 or so project games we couldnt bear to part with. Our main aim now is to get the older games working on coins and sort out the faults on the newer games that inevitably happen at a public arcade . Tommy and South Park both died at the weekend.
Star Trek TNG is top of the pins followed by Deadpool then AC/DC. To be honest the so called A listers are way down the list. 1812 is more popular than MM and MB

20190622_170049.jpg20190622_180640.jpg

Well, the audience from what I've seen is primarily non-pinball players so they don't go in starry-eyed for the 'big hitters' except for whatever they may remember from childhood. In the pinball side of the club, you can actually hear all of the machines so the Gottlieb sound design finally gets a chance to shine to through where it couldn't in most arcade settings - Class of 1812 attracts a lot of kids and adults because the callouts are silly.

The TNG on site is a gleaming example with Invisiglass (I don't know the specific brand), upgraded playfield lighting, the works. Combine that with the extremely recognised TNG IP and I'm not surprised it's top draw.

I'm sure there's a lot more interesting statistics that could come out with time. It's certainly not the same demographic as Tilt, Flipout, Arcade Club...

Also, speaking of 1812 and Popeye in the same breath - that's wounding sir!

(Looser comment of the year coming) I actually find the statistics of what games take really interesting. I Iove to know what people like to play and why 😂

I held an event last summer with 6 machines (1 very kindly donated by Phil for the weekend) and I was amazed that my EM Queens Castle on 50p a game took considerably more more than Dialled In and Cirqus Voltaire both on £1 a game. The non-pinball people seemed to be drawn to the weird clunks and noises coming from the EM and didn't seem as bothered by anything else. Looser comment over.

Passers-by are going to be drawn to the very-obviously-vintage appearance, and will stay for the 'clockwork' elements as soon as those make themselves known. It might also be friendlier for new players as most EM games are quite slow playing (shallow slope, less aggressive flippers.)

Gotta remember how things look to people who aren't stewing in pinball every day!

1812 winning out over MB - sounds like @Sgt GrizZ is choosing what's popular and what's not - next thing Popeye will be out-coining AFM.
Haha. Nuneaton is well outside my theatre of operations [emoji3]

For the record though I'd def play 1812 over Monster Bash [emoji106]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Had a great time ( and plenty to drink ) at the club last night with @mark9 . A great venue with a good selection of machines. The place was surprisingly busy, lots of people playing the pins and vids. Congrats Steve and Courtney and good luck with the venture. Most of the machines we played had very generous replay scores ( we left plenty of credits on machines ) so get over there before Steve puts them up :D .

65264333_2463364223895238_2328237307997454336_n.jpg65211515_860336604338908_3584763452532457472_n.jpg62241130_450097405539702_4661277888375422976_n.jpg65182205_445746546010966_4633485129233203200_n.jpg65806116_400311593947463_7683298387730366464_n.jpg65315609_365506894103989_2267053905433067520_n.jpg

Our first comp this Sunday 7th July

Practice from 10am
Bar opens 11am
Qualifying from 12 noon
Finals start at 4pm

and to make a day of it

we will be showing the Womens Football World Cup Final on the big screen in the main bar
Bar shuts at 11pm
Arcade shuts at 11.30pm

Tournament games will be set harder for the day to prevent VERY long game times

1. DEADPOOL
2. MONSTER BASH
3. FAMILY GUY
4. GAME OF THRONES
5. STAR TREK (STERN)
6. CREATURE BLACK LAGOON
7. F14 TOMCAT
8. ELEKTRA

Format here:

hoping to get some local new players to join in

Should be there by 2pm. You need to create events for these Steve to better advertise to those of us not on facebook

I cant post on forun events. Comes back not enough privelege.

@steve brum
I told you how to do it... :D

Go into the calendar. Find the date and click on the "+" at the top of that date. Then you can add the details.

Only downside is that it needs to be done on a PC really.

If that still doesnt work then please let me know and i'll get it sorted!

thanks to todays guests. my family meal over ran so I was unable to win my own tourney this time (joke!)

Great score from Nick on GOT but not good enough to topple Waynes long standing Grand Champ. And a great score on AFM from Leo showing us oldies better watch out for the next generation of players coming through.

Thanks also for donating prizes to the club charity fund.

Thanks for hosting it steve.

Venue is great, you and courtney should be really proud. Cant wait to come up again.

I’m looking to visit again too! Be good to know when others are going! Please can we do-ordinate next time!

See you Thursday week dan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for letting us have the run of the place Steve, shame there weren't more people there. For those who haven't visited, it really is worth the trip

Agree!! Trying to encourage the guys from flip out to attend too! - there are the Saturday night shows too not just pinball!

Might not be till after daventry plus there is Neil’s pinball bender tournament coming up too in September m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom