What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball at warp factor 8 .... long live the Electric Circus .. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mark9 and myself have booked into a cheap local hotel within staggering distance of the club. 28th June if anyone else wants to join us. Can't wait.

Very local to me too. This is probably the only reason I'd ever visit Nuneaton 😁

Good luck, hope it works out for you guys.

thanks for goodies Sir

main problem we still have is getting games to run on coins

very frustrating

some games will only take £1 (for 2 credits) and not 50p coins and the customers are avoiding these games as you cant buy a single game . even the best pinball techs are struggling with this. So Addams Family for instance is hardly played.

They like the video games so we are getting a few more in but this isn't Arcade Club (you really need to see the new Leeds place - its awesome) so they will be limited. This beast arrived today on 1 coin 1 play and we thought not problem change that but nope its stuck on £1 a go until we can get actual mech reprogrammed as the game options wont allow 1 coin 2 credits

tc.jpg

Anyone who is passing up Addams because they can't play just one game needs to reassess their priorities frankly.
To be fair, it's the dynamics specific to Fife Street Social (so far) in that the bulk of people visiting are primarily going to the other side of the building for the drinks, music and live acts, but might wander over to the pinball side, break up a fiver into 50p coins, and spread-play on stuff that takes their fancy. Nobody wants to have to play three credits on a game they don't like, or watch a quid vanish in two minutes because it's a game too hard for them. Or they're playing with their small kids (well, making their little kids play!) and attention spans that young don't last more than a credit usually per machine. It definitely affects these people the most.

The other common trope I've seen is husbands getting exasperated trying to explain pinball to their wives. They almost never do even close to a decent job of it which means the wife just gets frustrated over being pressured without a clue of whats going on. Hard to resist the temptation to offer better advice if I'm on the machine or so over doing repairs, but I've more sense than to get between a couple on a licensed premises!

On Sunday we had folks who just went into the arcade side. Deadpool is the favorite pin followed by ACDC and ST TNG

QUICK UPDATE

thanks again to Paul who worked into the night sorting pins

ST TNG has become king of the pins. Folks like shiney stuff!

10 machines going on "tour" to Revival in Walsall this coming weekend but they will be back in place Monday afternoon

First tournament with IFPA ranking points is on 7th July

Was resubmitted after a clash of pinball events later in the month

It now clashes with my Mums 70th Birthday so I will post my qualifying efforts sharpish before leaving for a slap up meal before coming back , family in tow

QUICK UPDATE

thanks again to Paul who worked into the night sorting pins

ST TNG has become king of the pins. Folks like shiney stuff!

10 machines going on "tour" to Revival in Walsall this coming weekend but they will be back in place Monday afternoon

First tournament with IFPA ranking points is on 7th July

Was resubmitted after a clash of pinball events later in the month

It now clashes with my Mums 70th Birthday so I will post my qualifying efforts sharpish before leaving for a slap up meal before coming back , family in tow

Is pre registration required or can we just turn up to play the qualifiers? What time does qualifying end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like qualifying starts at mid day with practise from 11am is this correct?

FML, were you the kid that ran around with sewn on mittens and a parka? Google it.

Who else plans to attend this? @Matt Vince @Neil McRae @Stan Simpson

Your enthusiasm is obvious and a good thing, but you gotta let people post when they want to, or when they can, my dude. You come across as a bit 'pushy' especially by tagging people. Plus, why not just wait and see what happens on the day? Surprises aren't too bad a thing ;)

Your enthusiasm is obvious and a good thing, but you gotta let people post when they want to post or can post, my dude. You come across as a bit 'pushy' especially by tagging people.

Thanks for the heads up won’t do so in future just an way way to make people aware of an event in case they are not already following the discussion in question.

Apologies will refrain from tagging in future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom