What's new

Pinball Art But Not From Pinball

Nedreud

Registered
I was just perusing my Pinterest feed when I found this image:

QOTSA.jpg

Love the artwork and it's clearly inspired by a bygone era in pinball history, but it's actually a gig poster for the band Queens Of The Stone Age from 2013. If Stern were making new pins with art like this I might be tempted to save up for a NIB!

But, I was just wondering if anyone else has come across any awesome pinball-inspired art? That is, cool or interesting art that is clearly something to do with pinball, or contains pinball references, but isn't actually anything to do with a real pinball machine or created by a pinball company.

Let's see what you got!

20150911_173543.jpg

This is on the wall in my office, it is signed by someone and has 53/100 on it. I just tried googling it but nothing. One of my daughters brought it for me when they were at uni so I expect it was a pound! Of course I had to frame it!!

These were released as real skateboard decks a few years ago, I tried to track them down to stick on the wall as art work. My favourite is the Vincanity hot rod one.
I only managed to track down one, the Skidul Wars deck which is on my wall along with a few other decks.
image.jpg

Ooh! Seriously super-like those decks @Chris P! By a strange coincidence I was looking at getting a new deck last week. Who are these made by?

Can you snap a photo of the one you've got in the wall? I'd have chosen the Break Dance inspired SKIDUL deck ;)

Too nice! No wonder you've hung 'em up. Love the BLIND decks and I think I can see a SANTA CRUZ lurking down at the end. Do you skate much? With a lot of folk in pinball being in their 40s and 50s and of the slight larger persuasion I didn't think I'd see much skateboarding around here!

Well spotted on the Santa Cruz clock skateboard.
I have recently got back into it since my brother is still into skating. I don't really go out much since I am worried I might break a bone which would be unhelpful for working.
I know Dave King from Tilt coffee in Leicester is a keen skateboarder

Back
Top Bottom