What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball Art But Not From Pinball

Nedreud

Registered
I was just perusing my Pinterest feed when I found this image:

QOTSA.jpg

Love the artwork and it's clearly inspired by a bygone era in pinball history, but it's actually a gig poster for the band Queens Of The Stone Age from 2013. If Stern were making new pins with art like this I might be tempted to save up for a NIB!

But, I was just wondering if anyone else has come across any awesome pinball-inspired art? That is, cool or interesting art that is clearly something to do with pinball, or contains pinball references, but isn't actually anything to do with a real pinball machine or created by a pinball company.

Let's see what you got!

20150911_173543.jpg

This is on the wall in my office, it is signed by someone and has 53/100 on it. I just tried googling it but nothing. One of my daughters brought it for me when they were at uni so I expect it was a pound! Of course I had to frame it!!

These were released as real skateboard decks a few years ago, I tried to track them down to stick on the wall as art work. My favourite is the Vincanity hot rod one.
I only managed to track down one, the Skidul Wars deck which is on my wall along with a few other decks.
image.jpg

Ooh! Seriously super-like those decks @Chris P! By a strange coincidence I was looking at getting a new deck last week. Who are these made by?

Can you snap a photo of the one you've got in the wall? I'd have chosen the Break Dance inspired SKIDUL deck ;)

Too nice! No wonder you've hung 'em up. Love the BLIND decks and I think I can see a SANTA CRUZ lurking down at the end. Do you skate much? With a lot of folk in pinball being in their 40s and 50s and of the slight larger persuasion I didn't think I'd see much skateboarding around here!

Well spotted on the Santa Cruz clock skateboard.
I have recently got back into it since my brother is still into skating. I don't really go out much since I am worried I might break a bone which would be unhelpful for working.
I know Dave King from Tilt coffee in Leicester is a keen skateboarder

Back
Top Bottom