What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball arcade - pc version friends list

I have a question -

Every time I rack up the maximum bonus and the 3 times multiplier I always get 660,000 ish points. Once the bonus has all been collected I can't see any more big points to gather. There must be some but other than the extra ball I can't see how I can get over 2.4 mil with 4 balls.

Am I missing something major?

Thats pretty much where the big points seem to come from as far as I can see. You can get more than 1 extra ball in a game, but only 1 per ball in play so they don't stack. The other points add up but don't really seem to come close to the bonus.

Same, this game seems to have the majority of its points in bonus. The only big scorer I can find is the 3 lanes at the top, the lit one is worth 5k each time you go over it. I am struggling because I hammer away at the drops which eventually leads to a drain, perhaps someone else could shed some light on it?

Personally my tactic is to go for the lower targets first to obtain the multiplier bonus. I start with the bottom one first then work my way up, otherwise if u get left with the bottom 2 last then it drains down the left outlane easily.

Also every time the ball heads behind the bumper on the left hand I nudge my best to try to stop it running down the gulley that feeds the left outlane. Dont care where the ball goes just don't let it run down that gulley.

Once I've got the bonus to 3x, I then only truly go for the extra ball. This racks up the bonus anyway. I don't hit the ball on the volley, I always stop it and then go again otherwise it ends up getting too quick to handle.

To be honest tho Sam I am in no position to give u pinball tips! Considering u paste me on both real machines and on TPA

kudos on the games room by the way! Looks awesome and forgot to comment

Thanks for the tips Chris, I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the nice words about the games room, T3 has joined now!

i.imgur.com_FrZgCY7.jpg

Just waiting for a multicade and then I will see if I can squeeze one more in haha!

Thanks! I genuinely would love to play all 3 of your machines. Perhaps 1 weekend I could drive up. Or do you have a train station near u so I could at least have a beer!

I am probably 15-20 minutes walk from the train station so not too far, if you're interested let me know and I can PM you my address so you can work out distances ;)

I already bought all the tables on iOS and I like the fact the iPad is portable, so I'm not gonna buy the PC version. I'm sure plenty will though

Likewise - TPA plays great on (the OH's) iPad - and I remember the frustration I had with VP and an underpowered computer :tut:

(Is there a post with peoples iOS/Gamecenter ID's around?)

Andy

I have Pinball Arcade on my PS4 (the lighting is improved over the PS3 version - you can alter the ambient light of the room too which is nice)

I have all the Level 1 tables. I'd be up for taking part in any challenges/mini comps. It's a shame that the Tournament mode on the PS4 version doesn't work yet. Please let me know how this works and who i need to beat (I wish)

Matti B
xo

I have Pinball Arcade on my PS4 (the lighting is improved over the PS3 version - you can alter the ambient light of the room too which is nice)

I have all the Level 1 tables. I'd be up for taking part in any challenges/mini comps. It's a shame that the Tournament mode on the PS4 version doesn't work yet. Please let me know how this works and who i need to beat (I wish)

Matti B
xo
Hi Matt

Well we are all friends on steam which is what runs TPA on pc. It allows us to directly compare scores through the friends list and then we just filter it by "weekly" scores

I really don't think you would be able to join our list of friends using the ps4 version I'm afraid.

There is a spreadsheet that @aaronhicksuk fills in each week so maybe u could just submit your score to him to add to the spreadsheet!

Just a thought

Also me and a mate are planning to head down the pipeline for some games tonight if you are up for it? I know u go there sometimes

Chris

I am probably 15-20 minutes walk from the train station so not too far, if you're interested let me know and I can PM you my address so you can work out distances ;)
Hi Sam. Yeah pm me the address and I will check it out. I will then work out a weekend I'm free. Would it be cool if Alex came as well. He was with me at the last pipeline meet?

Hi Matt

I really don't think you would be able to join our list of friends using the ps4 version I'm afraid.

Also me and a mate are planning to head down the pipeline for some games tonight if you are up for it? I know u go there sometimes

Chris

Whoever knew that I'd be the loser with no mates when I got my PS4. (I do have steam on my Mac, but that would mean buying tables for the 5th TIME (Ipad, PS3, Mobile, PS4 and now mac) which i can;t bring myself to do -- plus, I can assure u that the PS4 is THE smoothest version of this I've seen to date. (The lighting is really nice and the framerate is silky smooth.) so no other platform is as enjiyabe.

As for tonight, I'm in Essex I'm afraid - but hopefully next time!

cheerio

I have it on ps4 but have hardly played it due to the sound being awful! ipad for me all the way until they patch it ( 6 months so far, ridiculous! )

Scared Stiff for next week is fine with me. Its possible for people to play on platforms other than PC but it makes it a bit more difficult to track high scores. The weekly leaderboard on the Pinball Aracade website/in game is accross all platforms though so providing we know usernames then there is a way to verify scores.

I haven't played on the PS4 myself but I'd imagine you'd be at a disadvantage over PC unless you can turn your TV on its side and switch to portrait mode! I'd imagine iPads and other touch screen devices are even worse. I've go the app on my android phone and its pretty much impossible to control. Good for reading about rulesets though. :)

Okay. thanks John, I will. Only table pack 1 is available at the moment. I am only around for 1 day this week, so Wed morning is my sole chance for a high score

I haven't played on the PS4 myself but I'd imagine you'd be at a disadvantage over PC unless you can turn your TV on its side and switch to portrait mode! I'd imagine iPads and other touch screen devices are even worse. I've go the app on my android phone and its pretty much impossible to control. Good for reading about rulesets though. :)

Never thought about that, but I'm playing on a 46" plasma so the screen size probably compensates and the gameplay is smooth and faultless. I did try on the iPad but the controls are crap and there is occasional slowdown.

Whats everybody think of Scared Stiff then? I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed and would say its my least favourite table I've played in the game so far by a long chalk. I managed to get the 264 mil score on my second game on it but never thought that pinball could be so boring. It just felt like the game was never going to end and offered little incentive to keep playing! :sad:

I never thought I'd say this but this table actually needs to make it easier to drain balls, even when you miss shots it rarely seems to penalise and regaining control fairly trivial to achieve. Nothing really seems to be worth that many points either, even during the wizard mode which is far too easy to get to. I'd like to say I like the theme, but unfortunately that would be a lie lol!

I think I could probably go on listing things I don't like about Scared Stiff all night but that wouldn't be very productive, so instead I'd like to nominate 3 tables for next week. As everybody has the season 1 tables and there are so many classics from it we are yet to play, my three nominations are:

Funhouse
Taxi
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Good luck with the Scared Stiff this week, I hope you guys like it more than I do! I'm looking forward to next week already! :D

my least favourite table....
never thought that pinball could be so boring....
this table actually needs to make it easier to drain balls

Sorry to hear all that. Well done anyway on your usual impressive performance. I believe you are now first in the entire world for this week's high scores!

Personally I don't seem to have any trouble draining balls on this or any table ;)

Overall I'm liking Scared Stiff so far, quite a lot. The one I grew to hate was Circus Voltaire, that blooming audio: "The greatest pinball on earth" "I am the ringmaster" - oh for goodness sake shove a sock in it.

Any table for me next week but if I must vote then: Taxi

John

I'm afraid I have to agree with Aaron, whilst the real Scared Stiff is a lot of fun the digital version is boring boring boring! Partly because it seems very easy to play (unlike El Dorado which did my nut in!) It is extremely easy to get to the wizard mode (Is it a wizard mode?) multiple times in one game so it doesn't really present much of a challenge. It's finish 6 modes, play wizard mode, rinse, repeat. I will give it a good crack one evening, my vote for next week is also Taxi!

I'm afraid I have to agree with Aaron, whilst the real Scared Stiff is a lot of fun the digital version is boring boring boring! Partly because it seems very easy to play (unlike El Dorado which did my nut in!) It is extremely easy to get to the wizard mode (Is it a wizard mode?) multiple times in one game so it doesn't really present much of a challenge. It's finish 6 modes, play wizard mode, rinse, repeat. I will give it a good crack one evening, my vote for next week is also Taxi!
Yep I couldn't agree more. The only reason I stopped on my game was cos the missus needed to use the pc. I have got over 120 mil before and I believe that was my 2nd go when I first got into pinball back in January.

Really boring table! When i got the first crate multiball I must of hit around 50 jackpots and still didn't feel I had rely scored that many points.

My bad for suggesting this one:confused:

I vote for taxi as well then. At least it's a difficult table and doesn't go on forever!

Sorry to hear all that. Well done anyway on your usual impressive performance. I believe you are now first in the entire world for this week's high scores!

Personally I don't seem to have any trouble draining balls on this or any table ;)

Overall I'm liking Scared Stiff so far, quite a lot. The one I grew to hate was Circus Voltaire, that blooming audio: "The greatest pinball on earth" "I am the ringmaster" - oh for goodness sake shove a sock in it.

Any table for me next week but if I must vote then: Taxi

John
Yep CV sound effects are the worst. lets NOT review my circus ability!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Yep I couldn't agree more. The only reason I stopped on my game was cos the missus needed to use the pc...

I'm beginning to feel bad about liking this table! Fact is, I'm useless enough at pinball to not have the "boring, boring, boring - goes on forever" problems you guys are having.

I strongly advise you all to save you sanity and stop playing this table - because then I'll get that 3rd place that I'm trying so hard to get:clap:

Last edited:
I'm beginning to feel bad about liking this table! Fact is, I'm useless enough at pinball to not have the "boring, boring, boring - goes on forever" problems you guys are having.

I strongly advise you all to save you sanity and stop playing this table - because then I'll get that 3rd place that I'm trying so hard to get:clap:

Your welcome to it John. I'm already practicing taxi on the iPad!

Back
Top Bottom