What's new

Pinball 2000 Playfield Glass

PeteB

Registered
Alias
Random Username
Anybody know where you can buy Pinball 2000 playfield glass?

I do if you are prepared to pay £300 for it. If you were in the USA, you could get it for £100 :(

Please tell me it didn't break on your lovely restored machine...

I've got a piece of P2K sized glass and a couple of different window films. I'm going to see if I can make something that works.

In case £300 isn't too much, the company is Pinball Pleasure: info@pinballmachines.co.uk

It seems pallet wrap has melted onto the glass during transit and ruined it.

Thank you for the link @insx I will check them out.

Oh no! It panics me every time I have to remove the glass, I do not want a £300 bill.

confused.... As far as i remember, P2K Glass is slowly smoked from bottom to top, as opposed to it being a finish on glass.
Pallet wrap is a plastic.

It should peel off - at the worst if it's managed to adhere to the glass a fresh razor blade should do the trick...

Something smells fishy... (and it's not me! ;) )

I might take some wrap and some spare greenhouse glass i have kicking about, and melt the plastic on the glass and see if it bonds to it, and i cant get it off.

I suspect though that it's nothing that cannot be removed without a small amount of care.... and about 5 minutes...

Hence why the fishy comment!

From what I read on pinside, the tint was screen printed on.

Or was it the mask that was screen printed. Confused myself now!

Yeah it's a gradual half mirror tint which starts about halfway up the glass, looks like it has been screen printed.

As for what the pallet wrap has done, check it out:

IMG_5526.JPG

I suspect this may have something to do with the high temperatures it's had to deal with while being in the van for a few days.

Yeah it's a gradual half mirror tint which starts about halfway up the glass, looks like it has been screen printed.

As for what the pallet wrap has done, check it out:

View attachment 17516

I suspect this may have something to do with the high temperatures it's had to deal with while being in the van for a few days.

That will come off Pete, I had the same on some of Roman's non reflective glass that I pallet wrapped. I tried to get it off with all sorts. Try some saliva rubbed on with your finger to see and then you should find elbow grease, windolene and a soft cloth works

Yes it's an original, it has the P2K logo in the bottom left of the glass.

My RFM glass also has an obvious screen print effect from about halfway down.

Back
Top Bottom