What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball 2000 motherboard and monitor questions

asroma

Registered
Hello, I have a pinball 2000 with prisma card.
I love this machine and I want to improve the experience!
I have some questions:

the power supply is very old,the motherboard has an ATX socket and an AT socket at the momente the 200W power supply is connected to the AT,
but how can I turn on the pc with an ATX power supply ?

I have bad capacitors in the mobo, how can I recap them ? do you know if there is recap kit and a tutorial ?

Can I install a newer pc ? I read something called pinbox / nurcore where can I find more info about that ?

it's a good idea to install a video amp ? the image is not so clear... which one ? there is a tutorial ?

+1 on the video Amp. Worth every penny and made the screen on mine back to what it should have been!! - This one https://www.ultimarc.com/arcade-vga-and-video/arcadevga-accessories/arcade-monitor-video-amplifier/

Check this video -

Personally i wouldnt hack the connector like he has done - i would use the existing and chop the cable itself.

Re Caps on Motherboard - How do you know they are bad?

Oh and dont forget - those CRT's store charge at high voiltage for weeks/months... dont touch the Tube Neck!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, I will buy the video amplifier very soon, I have some questions

1 if i connect a new nurebox pc with ati 5000 video card modded to 15hz, will the amplifier work or will i have to remove the bios mod to the video card ?

2 I saw a post of yours regarding changing the power supply, i have an enermax 100-240 power supply the old at in revenge has a voltage of 110v can this PS be ok for me ?

3 could you tell me where you connect the two pin cable that goes from the prisma card to the motherboard ? i accidentally disconnected them !

Back
Top Bottom