What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinball’s all-time top toppers

P

Pavlov

pavlovpinball.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_topper_feature_300x128.jpg

There’s an old saying: “If you want to get ahead, get a hat.”

pavlovpinball.com_wp_content_uploads_2015_05_2186602448_76bc4d7505_m_The_queen_crown.jpg
Crowning glory – a hat like this is hard to top

It works for the Pope, it works for the Queen, and it works for the beardy guys in ZZ Top.… Read more...

Can't believe you missed out the Addams topper. With the right leds installed it's a cracking light show as multiball starts.

Completly agree that TAF has the best start to a multiball. But the topper itself? I'm not convinced it's in the same league as a flapping fish.

another great article, and i love it that we can chat about it here in the thread too.

fleece the benny?
unspeakable pignut?

i must be the only one who likes that enormous creature climbing out of CFTBL. pinball is about being brash and loud and tacky and kitsch and OTT, so i like it. toppers rock, they may not be needed for the gameplay but a good topper certainly makes a game stand out in a crowd. more topper talk needed - did anyone else see that Dracula one that sent a bat flapping towards the player?

Thanks Dan.

I just made up the expression fleece the benny to confuse the overseas readers and see if anyone over here would question it. You, sir, are on the ball.

But anyone who steals a White Water topper is definately an unspeakable pignut in my book.

I've not see the Dracula topper, but there's a pretty vile Freddy ANOES one. (And why does that name always make me snigger?)

Great stuff and I quite like that giant Creature topper too :eek:. The DW topper deserves a mention too - especially the prototyope moving Darlek one, or this upgrade kit to get a similar effect

That's brilliant that dalek topper is. Never seen it before.

Someone also mentioned aStrange Science one, which I have never seen.

Reactions: JT.
Re. Black Hole; I think the Hurricane-sized rotating wheel behind the backglass was deleted (along with speech) for export production.

The Bally/Midway Strange Science topper consisted of a plastic cover (similar to those of Fish Tales and WhiteWater) over a coloured neon tube.

Back
Top Bottom