What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Pin2k prism card

ronnie63

Site Supporter
As a last ditch attempt to keep my revenge factory I'm looking for a prism card with or without rom board, may consider whole computer? I know a lot of guys have upgraded and may have pin2k gubbins laying about!

Thanks Ronnie

Yep ,i've got plenty off spares, but prism cards aren't cheap i'm afraid

Thanks, fairly sure it's the prism card and as Jim said not repairable, again it's a gamble paying a high price for a used card as it could fail anytime! If someone had one stashed that they did not need for a reasonable price it might be worth a punt, and it is a long shot!

Cheers Ronnie

Bloody hell “plenty of spares”. It took me over a year to buy a knackered one 10 years ago. God bless this forum.

Prism card is as reliable as any other part of a pin. Send it off to Jim for repair. He knows what he’s doing!
Kenny, Jim already told me prism card is NOT repairable, there is nothing else wrong with the computer

Cheers Ronnie

Kenny, Jim already told me prism card is NOT repairable, there is nothing else wrong with the computer

Cheers Ronnie
To be clear I said the issue was most likely the prism card but not 100% and that you should send me the prism to see if I can update it here ok and also run it in another computer setup to check it first. It still could be a problem with the computer motherboard etc

I work in IT. Send him the card or the whole computer in the head, what have you got to lose!
You can always revert to a new build which Jim can also assist with. That will make it bombproof for another 20 years.

@ronnie63 I have a spare one, but not for sale I’m afraid.

I really think you should send your complete PC unit to Jim for him to have a look at, he knows more about these than most other folks put together!

I’m sure you don’t want to start buying replacement parts to do a shotgun change out repair, that could quickly get expensive and can you be sure any ‘good used’ parts are actually good, potentially then throwing you into a tail chasing situation.

Just my 2p

Chris.

Thanks guys, comments noted, I have ordered another usb to serial connector, if that does not work I will take Jim up on his offer to test it for me, thanks for that Jim.

Thanks Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom