What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PIN2DMD - Editor

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Alias
Dont be nosey :-)
Is anybody making progress actually exporting their colouring project to a "real pin"? I'm getting on well with my Pin2dmd Editor project colouring Hook, when I export to real pin the files are written to the SD card; pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal but none of my coloured scenes are working in the machine.:( I know the .pal file is being picked up as I'm setting a DEFAULT palette each time in the editor to check that it changes in the real machine.

Here for example, is the "Push Start" scene, I have a Scene assigned to a Palette, and a KeyFrame assigned to Color Scene "Push Start" with a Hash selected. What is strange is that when I select different KeyFrames sometimes the selected Hash tick disappears then reappears later in the list - to me seems like an editor "funny".

I appreciate other forums are ahead of us but thought it would be interesting building our skills here, and we can spell colour properly too :D

1579520036188.png
1579520396529.png

You can get the absolute latest version of the editor from luckys google drive share, it has some new tools and a few bugs ironed out, I can see you are not using it. There is some discussion around this latest version in the getaway thread and Pin2dmd editor threads on VPU including a link to the share, but I don't want to post a direct link to luckys share here as I am sure he would prefer to keep conversation around the editor changes in one place:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/...malenko-edition/?do=findComment&comment=45957

Incidentally, there is an issue/feature request list on github too:

https://github.com/sker65/go-dmd-clock/issues

With regards your failing trigger, I don't know the game very well so am not sure exactly what is happening during this scene (is it static/does it move? ) but your screenshot looks OK; you could try adding a second trigger for the hash on plane 2, then if either are detected your mask will fire. It is difficult to say what else could be wrong without seeing the project files themselves; I recall Malenko (who coloured TMNT) complained of having to add lots of triggers for that game/the DE animations, so don't be shy.

The hash can be a bit flakey sometimes, but its supposed to get updated every time you navigate a frame or change the D-Mask checkbox. If you navigate to a frame and there are no dots on the plane, then there is no hash for that plane, and any previous selection will be cleared so that might be why.

Is anybody making progress actually exporting their colouring project to a "real pin"? I'm getting on well with my Pin2dmd Editor project colouring Hook, when I export to real pin the files are written to the SD card; pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal but none of my coloured scenes are working in the machine.:( I know the .pal file is being picked up as I'm setting a DEFAULT palette each time in the editor to check that it changes in the real machine.

Here for example, is the "Push Start" scene, I have a Scene assigned to a Palette, and a KeyFrame assigned to Color Scene "Push Start" with a Hash selected. What is strange is that when I select different KeyFrames sometimes the selected Hash tick disappears then reappears later in the list - to me seems like an editor "funny".

I appreciate other forums are ahead of us but thought it would be interesting building our skills here, and we can spell colour properly too :D

The main thing which is wrong is that you set the editor to 128x16 while we use 128x32 panels and therefore editing mode in the editor needs to be 128x32. The 128x16 mode has been removed from my version mentioned above by slippifishi

Last edited:
and therefore editing mode in the editor needs to be 128x32.
Thanks for the prompt advice. Is there a way I can open my 128x16 project in 128x32? I can't import my 128x16 screen recordings either. :(

I can start again and capture my real machine scenes to SD card using the Pin2DMD, I see how to set this using the Pin2dmd tool (not on onscreen menu).

I just opened my version of the editor and loaded a hook recording from pinmame without a problem.
Recording a dump is not done to SD card (too slow). You need to connect to the device though USB and record it on your PC as described on pin2dmd.com.

I'm connected via USB to the DMD running in the real machine but it doesn't seem to recognise the device properly, which I guess is pre-req for the pin2dmd tool

1579539581708.png

It was Windows 7, I actually tried 2 laptops with the same result. Have now installed the winusb driver using the zidag utility and can connect the Pin2DMD tool ok :thumbs:

I then successfully imported the PC recording into the Pin2dmd editor (version from your dropbox). The vpx dumps that worked with 128x16 project still crash the editor when attempting to import.

Looking at the pin2dmd recordings, one oddity is that I see frames containing 3 colours (+ black), in the VPX recordings I only ever got 2 colours (+black).

Anyway progress being made, thank you very much @Lucky1 for your support :clap:

1579545042590.png

Looking at the pin2dmd recordings, one oddity is that I see frames containing 3 colours (+ black), in the VPX recordings I only ever got 2 colours (+black).

Could you please upload the dumps from your real pin somewhere that I can fix the code in pinmame ?

Back
Top Bottom