What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin2DMD colorizations available

-NetzZwerg-

Creator
Hello community,
since I got a lot of messages that it is hard to reach me for real pinball files requests, I decided to register here to give you one more opportunity to reach me via pm.
This is the current list of my available colorizations for Pin2DMD devices. In general all colorizations are well playable with some minor issues. They were created using the mentioned rom version.
If you are interested, please pm.

1. Medieval Madness - MM_109c
2. Theatre Of Magic - tom_14hb (should also work with other 1.4, works with 1.3 but more issues)
3. The Addams Family - taf_L7 (no gold rom support yet)
4. Fish Tales - L5
5. Indiana Jones (williams) - L7
6. Monster Bash - 106b
7. Tales Of The Arabian Nights - totan_14
8. Jurassic Park (Wiliams) - jp_600 (should also work with earlier versions)
9. Independence Day - id4
10. Roadshow (Beta state)

Example:

JP (Wiliams) real pin gameplay test (some bugs already fixed):

Kind regards

Lovely work fella ive just received my Pin2dmd so will be on the lookout for Twilight Zone colorization if you manage to add this to your list

Cheers
Stef

A guy on VPuni has made a TFTC one that looks great .
He says hes not making a real pin file .

"No there will not be a real pin version. I don't have the license for Pin2DMD, nor do I have a Pin2DMD screen to test it out on, nor am I interested in making one at this time. Thanks! "

What do we have to do to get a real pin version,can his work so far be built upon ?

"No there will not be a real pin version. I don't have the license for Pin2DMD, nor do I have a Pin2DMD screen to test it out on, nor am I interested in making one at this time. Thanks! "

What do we have to do to get a real pin version,can his work so far be built upon ?
I'd ask him if you can use his files to date, giving credit to him etc

Sounds like he might have been asked a few times going by his answer though....

Hello community,
since I got a lot of messages that it is hard to reach me for real pinball files requests, I decided to register here to give you one more opportunity to reach me via pm.
This is the current list of my available colorizations for Pin2DMD devices. In general all colorizations are well playable with some minor issues. They were created using the mentioned rom version.
If you are interested, please pm.

1. Medieval Madness - MM_109c
2. Theatre Of Magic - tom_14hb (should also work with other 1.4, works with 1.3 but more issues)
3. The Addams Family - taf_L7 (no gold rom support yet)
4. Fish Tales - L5
5. Indiana Jones (williams) - L7
6. Monster Bash - 106b
7. Tales Of The Arabian Nights - totan_14
8. Jurassic Park (Wiliams) - jp_600 (should also work with earlier versions)
9. Independence Day - id4
10. Roadshow (Beta state)

Example:

JP (Wiliams) real pin gameplay test (some bugs already fixed):

Kind regards

Good to see you here Martin! I can vouch for Martins work - top quality stuff in my Fish Tales and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Lots of interest in your Twilight Zone WIP project on here also... any updates on that?

Asking him for the project files and optimize it for real pins on your own seems to be the only solution. I guess that one of the reasons for his answer is the extra amount of work needed to make the colorization run good on real pins. I also do not own any real pinball machine, but try to optimize my files for real pins, it is always more tricky though...

Good to see you here Martin! I can vouch for Martins work - top quality stuff in my Fish Tales and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Lots of interest in your Twilight Zone WIP project on here also... any updates on that?
Thank you for the feed back, much appreciated! The Twilight Zone project will need some time and is still in alpha state. I am experimenting with new methods that are needed for this one...seems to get the hardest task until now. This is a video by one of my beta testers (frensh speech) that shows some real pin gameplay of the current alpha version.
What is involved in adding gold support to TAF ? :)
To add the gold support I would have to rearrange the triggering of the whole project from scratch since I ran out of masks to trigger all the additional content. My colorization works with the gold rom, but all these content will not have the right colors.

Does anyone know if a colorisation file is available for No Fear? VPuniverse shows a couple for VR but none for real pins. I presume there must be a difference and i can't simply use a VR file?

Does anyone know if a colorisation file is available for No Fear? VPuniverse shows a couple for VR but none for real pins. I presume there must be a difference and i can't simply use a VR file?
I don't think so, the main repositories I'm aware of are in my post here https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pin2dmd-basic-colouring.46451/
The Vpin project would need exporting for "real" pinball, perhaps you can get hold of the project but there is extra work to this (and the editor must be licensed).

Has anyone installed this on their TZ? If so is it any good and who did you purchase it from?

I have installed it on my Star Wars but am a bit underwhelmed with the colouring and the dots don't work in the adjustment and diagnostic menus. I know of 2 other people who have the same problem so it's not just me!! The guy who did the work has been asked about it but radio silence!

Cheers :D

Whilst colordmd is expensive it holds it value and can be out Ito so many games trouble free - it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have colordmd's in a load of my games (including whodunnit, obviously) but for games like SW it was to replace a dmd with a line out so not worth dropping almost £400 on. The TZ one is a present for a friend as I have a spare one lying about and that's what friends are for!

Whilst colordmd is expensive it holds it value and can be out Ito so many games trouble free - it’s a no brainer.

For how long though.

Once the availability of colorations for pin2dmd becomes more extensive, there is going to be little other incentive to pay an extra 250 quid for colourdmd, other than the fear of getting your hands (slightly) dirty with open source.

Thing is the colour DMD uses the same £30 panels as the pin2dmd. Hefty markup there.

Exactly. They've been gouging for ages because there's never been any competition. Watch those prices drop as soon as people become more aware of the alternative, they become more accessible and more tables get supported.

Just thinking out loud here... Instead of using the typical LED panels I wonder if it would be possible to connect an LCD screen to the EVO board instead? Anyone tried it?

You need something to modulate either an LVDS signal or EDP signal which is how colordmd do it.

Or more expensive solution would be HMDI out then a HDMI LCD screen (similar to how soooky and CGC do their screens). HDMI devices require some element of licensing though. LCD screen that colordmd use is a £50 screen.

Frankly LED looks a lot better :)

Exactly. They've been gouging for ages because there's never been any competition. Watch those prices drop as soon as people become more aware of the alternative, they become more accessible and more tables get supported.

Sorry but I take offence with the word gouging. Colordmd is a business that created something of huge value - colouring hundreds of games is a painstaking process that they have to pay for. The value of colordmd holds you buy one for £400 quid you can usually sell it for very close to that mark. You put one in a. Game and if you go to sell that game you can always get the £400 quid back.

Nobody in in the colordmd company is floating about in private jets.

I seriously doubt that they will make big changes to price based on pin2dmd. No disrespect to the pin2dmd folks but I’ve yet to see anything colourisation wise come anywhere close to the quality of colordmd.

Back
Top Bottom