What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pin2dmd 12v point wpc

Carl85

Registered
Alias
Carl85
Hi guys, I have got a pin2dmd in my MB and want to swap It with one of my colordmd’s out of HS2. Question is on my pin2dmd 12v cable, it’s just a normal one piece cable, without any T in pieces like the colordmds and can’t see anywhere else I could hook it up. Guessing I need a different cable. Anyone know what I need and where to purchase. I was initially just going to swap cables over but then realised colordmd has three wires, where as pin2dmd only has 12v and ground
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not use the same lead - it may not be the same polarity - and you may put 12v where 5v should be.

I do not have one of those cables by me but I found the wiring for one quite easily when I had to make one just googling it. Think it was on a pinside thread.

Check with a multi meter before you plug it in! Or it could be good buy £400.

*** edit
I believe some of the newer colordmd devices just need one voltage and ground.

Is yours an LCD or LED?

Thanks, yeah I know. They are all newer ones. I have led and lcd, but was going to put an lcd one in as that’s what’s in hs2. Its only a few months old so is the latest one. I can grab some pics soon as will be out there in about half hour

This is what’s installed at the moment, and the colordmd that will be going in
58cf9b26c5fe7ddbcad15551525d6318.jpg
8e242d76bf4d62570a74ba59ab003707.jpg
f254538769a2b753b91145dbeb3099fc.jpg

Obviously will be fine putting the colordmd in to mb, just how to put pin2dmd in the hs2. Will look to see if I can get a cable with a t piece like the colordmd ones

Nice one, thanks mate [emoji106]

Hi guys, so I got the dmds swapped over. Pin2dmd is now in hs2. It has one straight cable on a four pin connector with only two wires. There’s no slice in connector on it just straight through. Is there anywhere I can purchase the correct cable or any one have any pics on how they connect there’s up to wpc. I have seen where to hook it up but looks as though I would need a colordmd type cable to do so.
Thanks
475ac63389c8ffb39386b7e4db55e693.jpg

Not sure if you’ve watched my vid installing PIN2DMD in a HS2?

I have stock of the cable taps - £2 posted if you need them. PM me if that’s would help.

Cheers

Not sure if you’ve watched my vid installing PIN2DMD in a HS2?

I have stock of the cable taps - £2 posted if you need them. PM me if that’s would help.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom