What's new

Picade Table Top Arcade

Wow that's awesome. Are you using a Pi2? What's the performance like?
I am using a Pi2. The performance is good on all the stuff like MAME, Megadrive, SNES etc. I recall it struggling with PSX and N64 (although Mario 64 stemmed ok).

When I get the Picade I may put a Pi 3 in it.

The 3 is 300Mhz faster so should be much better

Did you go for the 8" or 12" screen?
8"
The 12" hasn't been available for a while. I'll see how it goes. I looked on a Picade forum and a 12" screen can be had for about £60 so I might upgrade in the future.

I might flash the latest version of Retropie this afternoon to test the performance.

have you managed to get any of the street fighter games to work on it?

I have run many of the Street fighter games on my Pi3, from the original Street Fighter, all the SF2 versions, SF Alphas 1,2&3 and SF 3.

ok cool - not really had time to look in depth but couldn't get this to work will take another look.

yes picade - I suspect its the distribution of rooms that I'm using. what are you guys using?

yes picade - I suspect its the distribution of rooms that I'm using. what are you guys using?
I had this problem and so did @kevlar

You need to match your roms to the version of MAME you are running. I believe I still have the modified roms that Kev and I use in Dropbox. PM me your e-mail and I will send you a link to them.

This looks great.

Quick stupid question ...... does it come with all the ROMs ? Im guessing not :hmm: And either way is it easy to get them all up and running - I have a terrible track record with MAME, PinMAME installation that usually results in computer thrown through nearest window :D

I have a terrible track record with MAME, PinMAME installation that usually results in computer thrown through nearest window :D

Me too - I like the look of this but before investing in the whole thing I just bought a basic PI starter kit and downloaded a RetroPie image. So far so good but I'm failing at getting lots of good games running.

Looks a fun bit of kit,

Grizz are you running groovy mame in your cab ?

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/fo...&PN=1&title=2huwmans-mame-pcs-jamma-cab-ready

Take a look at this, this will play games as close as is humanly possible at the moment to the original board, best res, correct speed etc
As long as you have a original 15 hz monitor in your cab

This person has made it so that you just plug and play and will provide you with everything you need if you pm him.

Great bit of kit for anyone with an arcade cab

Back
Top Bottom