What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect score

Wizards_Hat

Registered
Just an idle thought...

has anyone here ever got their name on the high scores of a machine with score proceeded by all zeros so it looks like a factory default score?
e.g. 5,000,000,000
& if so, did people believe it was actually your score?

Regards,
Dan.

I've "clocked" my Banzai Run a few times so the high score is just recorded as 9,999,999.

Re. Banzai Run; if it's like F-14, the initials entered are displayed with the figures 9,999,999, but I think the machine does know what the actual score achieved is. Should the score be rolled again, but not higher than the 1st time, the new score/initials will enter as High Score #2.

There's a little quirk in the software of Firepower, which wipes off the 10 digit of any score once the game's over. So if a player who's just set a high score leaves the machine in attract mode, the 'Highest Score' displays properly, but the 'latest game' score, which should be the same, ends in '00' (if it didn't do so anyway).

Last edited:
When you roll the score it definitely knows its happend as the score has a 0 for the first digit. Not sure if it remembers the exact score or not but expect it probably does. I've rolled it 3 times now and didn't pay much attention to what position the later high scores were. I know my best score was about 18.5mil so need to roll it again and find out for sure!

I did have the exact same score on Indy 500 once, it was something like 852,750,200 and obviously there was no way to tell how it had chosen which to put 2nd and 3rd in the score list. Took me a while to spot it as well as it displays GC, 1&2 then 3&4

Back
Top Bottom