What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peloton bike?

£40.00 a month subscription and then the cost of the bike a couple of people I know had them and then got bored and sold them on at a loss.

I've got an Echelon Connect Sport, half the price of a Peleton, similar idea. I got a free 6 week subscription but after that ran out I didn't renew it, I just do my own schedule now.

No regrets buying it, used near daily over winter and no plans to sell it.

Recently got the JLL IC400 Elite - under £500 and it’s superb [emoji106]

Try the Les Mills on Demand trial for great free workouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently got the JLL IC400 Elite - under £500 and it’s superb [emoji106]

Try the Les Mills on Demand trial for great free workouts.

The IC400 was on my radar too, if it had been in stock at the time I think I would have gone with it. With discounts I paid £765 for my Echelon.

buy her a £40 argos exercise bike and stick her in front of a few youtube bike workout vids

with the money you have saved, treat yourself to another pin.

simples!!!

Ha it’s peloton or nothing she’s a sucker for the adverts , tbh it’s the subscription that gets my goat , might just get her a real bike like me

I don’t get the appeal (or cost) of this virtual cycling lark, but it seems to be very popular. Some people have ditched real bikes entirely and only do virtual now. Personally, I enjoy being outside, going up actual hills, riding through real forest trails, smelling the fresh air and seeing real things. And real sunburn!

I don’t get the appeal (or cost) of this virtual cycling lark, but it seems to be very popular. Some people have ditched real bikes entirely and only do virtual now. Personally, I enjoy being outside, going up actual hills, riding through real forest trails, smelling the fresh air and seeing real things. And real sunburn!

Me too, but if you want a quick 30 min calorie burn and it’s raining then a spin bike is perfect. I also use mine as a warm up and cool down for my long runs.

We've had one for a couple of years now. It's a good piece of kit with a solid interface and it's been 100% reliable. The variety of classes is great, and I don't hate it quite as much as I hate most other forms of exercise. It isn't cheap and you do have to pay the monthly subscription to use 90% of it's features, but it's cheaper than a gym membership for two. Then again we do live in London and the options for outdoor biking are limited and generally pretty dangerous.

The only problem is that no piece of exercise equipment is going to give you the motivation to use it regardless of how good it is, so you have to bring that piece of the puzzle yourself. Personally I'd recommend it as I've used it more than any other piece of exercise equipment I've ever owned, and knowing how much it's costing me does help with that a little bit.

Last edited:
Easily one of the most annoying and prolific bits of pandemic advertising during the last 12 months. Just buy an ex-gym spinning bike and watch some YouTube video's. Or go outside. Boils my **** this one!

I cycled pretty extensively on Zwift and can heavily recommend it. You can get going with any old road bike and I just sold my smart 'wheel off' trainer for £350 which turns any bike into a workout bike which simulates gradients upto 20%. Probably get setup for about £600-£700. Plus you get an actual bike should you ever wanna use it outside.

Unlike Peleton, Zwift is more of a virtual social ride / workout / racing app. I basically used races for workouts and worked up the leagues before burning out in the B league races. Zwift simulates a lot of dynamics of cycling like slipstream and has powerups and other things to gamify the experience. It's also full of actual workouts which are done inworld, in addition to group workouts you can sign up for. There's also a ton of other apps out there which you could get setup for once you've got the kit - you aren't pegged into only being intergrated with Peloton.

I personally don't see the appeal with Peleton, it's a high price tag for quite a specific workout bike which basically brings a spin class home. For half the money you get the same workouts and much more 'fun', you just lose the marketing and the virtual personal training videos.

Gave up the biking lark but I'm still running on Zwift via a treadmill and a footpod.

As someone who doesn’t have the time or inclination to risk death in heavy traffic I understand the appeal of Peleton. However, the subscription charges kill it for me. Over the last 3 years I’ve ended up just using an exercise bike and ****ing around at the same time on an iPad. Decided to enter some virtual challenges which has helped to give it a bit more focus.

Easily one of the most annoying and prolific bits of pandemic advertising during the last 12 months. Just buy an ex-gym spinning bike and watch some YouTube video's. Or go outside. Boils my **** this one!
I’m with you mate.
The most annoying advert on the TV.
Wouldn’t buy one out of sheer principle for any family member.
When will advertising agents realise making annoying adverts develops genuine hatred for products🙄

Ha it’s peloton or nothing she’s a sucker for the adverts , tbh it’s the subscription that gets my goat , might just get her a real bike like me
Sucker for male model Adonis maybe 😅Just tell her the twat (guy) on the advert has been fired, it’s some ugly dude running the show now
Get her a grifter, find a few big hills, your golden 👍

Back
Top Bottom