What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDI / Invisiglass cleaning?

Julian

Registered
Now that Aaron has so kindly sorted out the PDI order 'well done that man, you're a legend'!

What is the best / preferred method to clean PDI glass?

I usually use glass cleaner for all but 1 of my pins, WOZ with invisiglass I was told never to use the stuff!

Is this true, does it damage the coating?

After all we all know how dusty the glass becomes and the other blobs of 'stuff' that really do need a glass cleaner to get it clean....

I asked Roman about how best to clean his glass, he said its ok to use regular (non aggressive) glass cleaners, isopropyl alcohol or warm water with liquid soap (fairy or similar). I believe the glass is coated on both sides.

Probably, is it not for cleaning furniture rather than glass though? I think I'm just going to use normal glass cleaner for a streak free finish.

Bit of a tangent butI know a lot of people on here swear by Pledge and Mr Sheen etc. Personally I wouldn't let any of that stuff anywhere near my pins, especially the playfield. Many of them contain silicone even if they state otherwise which is really bad news if you ever want to do a proper restoration and apply clearcoat as it stops it from adhering properly and you end up with fish eyes and a real mess.

Last edited:
Worthwhile remembering though - It scratches like normal glass.... Remembering that it seems almost invisible, means that scratches stand out like a sore thumb!!!

Hey all, having read both this thread and http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pdi-invisiglass-cleaning.23988/, we picked up some Autogylm Fast Glass today from Halfords, I saw them reply on a forum that it's definitely ammonia free, it also says its
  • "Free of abrasives, silicones and waxes and leaves no residue"
Picked up new glass clothes to use too. However after cleaning our invisiglass for the first time today, it still seems a bit more streaky than it was before. Is there a particular technique to use here?

Hey all, having read both this thread and http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/pdi-invisiglass-cleaning.23988/, we picked up some Autogylm Fast Glass today from Halfords, I saw them reply on a forum that it's definitely ammonia free, it also says its
  • "Free of abrasives, silicones and waxes and leaves no residue"
Picked up new glass clothes to use too. However after cleaning our invisiglass for the first time today, it still seems a bit more streaky than it was before. Is there a particular technique to use here?
I have always use warm water and fairy liquid with a micro fiber cloth !

The best thing I ever found for cleaning glass is newspaper. Not sure I'd try it on PDI glass, but who knows?

After much playing around with this:-
2 x Microglass (not fibre) cloths for handling and cleaning
1 x tub of de-ionised water. - Tesco’s sell for a quid or so

When later washing your cloths don’t use fabric softer as it will cause streaking on the glass.

End of the day, no point paying the extra for the glass if not keeping it ultra clean 👍
Zero streaks
92225FDA-2B25-4FE6-A29A-94912ECF00E9.jpeg
88B11B97-5D98-4647-9742-910F27928A74.jpeg

Last edited:
I came across Method and what a great product for any pinball glass, I was so impressed I picked up another bottle to give to my pinball mate and he also loves it. You can buy it at Tesco for £3

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom