What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCN Parking charge!

Collections manager has a photo of them self on the paperwork.
Talk about putting a 🎯 on your back
I wonder if that is a psychological trick to engage our human side. The paperwork is all templated, there is no need for a human side but knowing it is a young woman might encourage people to feel less aggressive. If it was a smug looking 40 year old male, you might feel more inclined to be angry.

We can do an image search and find if it is a real person but this can be misconstrued if you then reach out to them.

Problem is, if you lose you've got a CCJ against you. And you may also have to pay costs incurred. But I can see you're a gambling man. Keep us posted.
You have 30 days after the court date to pay, if you don't pay within this time you receive a CCJ. Or that was my experience last year. So it's not quite as scary as it sounds.

I've had a few parking fines for these sort of ridiculous things and I've always ignored them. Only one actually took me to court. Same as you, it was from 3rd January 2017 but I never received the original notice so ignored all the letters. I had used a company to appeal it but it didn't work. The court date was last year over Skype, but no one sent me the details to join the call. The time was then changed on the day (moved forward) so I wasn't able to attend.

I had to pay £200 which was less than they had been requesting on their pre-court letters, and included costs. No CCJ as I paid it within the 30 days. There's no record on my credit report about it at all (according to Experian) and I still have a very good credit rating.

Given that experience (and that they are the only ones to actually pursue court action in 15+ years of driving), and that they took 3 years to actually take it to court, I'd ignore and see what happens.

(Not legal advice, you make your own decisions, etc 😉)

You have 30 days after the court date to pay, if you don't pay within this time you receive a CCJ. Or that was my experience last year. So it's not quite as scary as it sounds.

I've had a few parking fines for these sort of ridiculous things and I've always ignored them. Only one actually took me to court. Same as you, it was from 3rd January 2017 but I never received the original notice so ignored all the letters. I had used a company to appeal it but it didn't work. The court date was last year over Skype, but no one sent me the details to join the call. The time was then changed on the day (moved forward) so I wasn't able to attend.

I had to pay £200 which was less than they had been requesting on their pre-court letters, and included costs. No CCJ as I paid it within the 30 days. There's no record on my credit report about it at all (according to Experian) and I still have a very good credit rating.

Given that experience (and that they are the only ones to actually pursue court action in 15+ years of driving), and that they took 3 years to actually take it to court, I'd ignore and see what happens.

Good info, thanks, do you remember what company it was that too it to court? Debt Recovery Plus?

I wonder if that is a psychological trick to engage our human side. The paperwork is all templated, there is no need for a human side but knowing it is a young woman might encourage people to feel less aggressive. If it was a smug looking 40 year old male, you might feel more inclined to be angry.

We can do an image search and find if it is a real person but this can be misconstrued if you then reach out to them.
This is exactly why they do it.

The only reason I responded at all is because they were writing to my parents address - no idea why, my car wasn't registered there in 2017 and hadn't been for a few years. It was making my Mum anxious which is why I used a company to try and appeal. It's the only one I've ever replied to (out of the 3-4 fines like this that I've received), and the only one that was subsequently taken to court, so I wonder if they did because I replied and 'engaged' with them.

I'm afraid I have no sensible advice to offer but having had a couple of Bishop's Fingers (insert Sid James laugh) I suggest the following:
1) change your surname to Kray
2) challenge Abigale to an arm wrestling match - you win, call it quits, she wins, pay up.

Given the state of the judicial system at present, although I'm not sure if the criminal courts and civil courts are similarly backlogged with cases, I'd be tempted to stick two fingers up at these self styled enforcement nazis, could take years to get you to court.

Back to the Bishop and good luck

When you checked your credit rating did you do a deep vet or just use the free report? I would imagine even if you paid within 30 days of the court fine it would still appear on your credit rating.

You normally need to fill in a form to get it romoved.

Honestly I think given the costs of the charge VS. the risk of damage to anyone credit rating just pay it.

But I didn't get a CCJ because I paid within 30 days - so that link isn't relevant? The court paperwork was very clear about what would happen.

Nothing is showing on my credit score, I have a paid Experian account, and my score is still very high. It didn't affect my score at all. If I had ignored the court's decision, it would have been a different matter...

But I didn't get a CCJ because I paid within 30 days - so that link isn't relevant? The court paperwork was very clear about what would happen.

Nothing is showing on my credit score, I have a paid Experian account, and my score is still very high. It didn't affect my score at all. If I had ignored the court's decision, it would have been a different matter...

That's for when you pay within 30 days

Screenshot_20220926-083738.png

Yes, sorry, you're right (it's been a while since I looked at it). But there are no marks on my credit score, and no arrears or default notices (probably because it wasn't like a credit card, for example, where you could default on payments?).

Obviously I can't speak for what other debt collection companies may do!

The first one I had many years ago I spent forever back and forth using excuse after excuse but in the end nothing I tried worked and I just ended up paying a lot more than the initial £30 or whatever it was at the time.
Since then I’ve had quite a few over the years and just always bit the bullet paying the smaller charge within the due date as I really cant be ****d anymore being the lazy git I am. It does leave a bitter taste in your mouth but you soon forget all about it Until the next one that is.
However in my younger days I did stihl saw a wheel clamp off and got away with it.

Am I missing something?

Not one person who is advocating not paying the fine is debating that the fine was issued correctly in the first place. In any of the 'case studies' mentioned.

You were in the wrong - take your medicine and pay the f@#king fine in the first place and go on with your life, rather than telling everyone how you are showing 'the establishment' that you're not going to be messed with and are happy to waste everyone's time - farcical.

Do you want to see the full case file with pictures on how the signs were unclear, not appropriately placed and likely to be misinterpreted on purpose?
How the land owner were unaware of the inappropriate behaviour being conducted by their parking agent?
That the land owner twice asked them to drop the claim and the full email exchange where the agent wanted to prove a point?

So I disagree that everyone who fights is in the wrong and should pay. I do believe the company I fought was acting around the law to maximise their revenue.

I would absolutely pay a fine in a pay and display car park, but I have never had one of those.

Reactions: JT.
Am I missing something?

Not one person who is advocating not paying the fine is debating that the fine was issued correctly in the first place. In any of the 'case studies' mentioned.

You were in the wrong - take your medicine and pay the f@#king fine in the first place and go on with your life, rather than telling everyone how you are showing 'the establishment' that you're not going to be messed with and are happy to waste everyone's time - farcical.

YES! They are robbers! it's people like you that makes it worth their while! Geeez!!!!

YES! They are robbers! it's people like you that makes it worth their while! Geeez!!!!
People like me?
People who follow the rules?
People who pay their fines?

Let's have anarchy and everyone does whatever they want, regardless of how it impacts on others.

People like me?
People who follow the rules?
People who pay their fines?

Let's have anarchy and everyone does whatever they want, regardless of how it impacts on others.

It's not a fine, it's a parling charge, £100 for 25mins, sound fair? Don't pay! Now it's £170. They forger to send the pay early £60 charge but remember when it jumps to £100, Read trust pilot reviews for Nexus Group

It's not a fine, it's a parling charge, £100 for 25mins, sound fair? Don't pay! Now it's £170. They forger to send the pay early £60 charge but remember when it jumps to £100, Read trust pilot reviews for Nexus Group
It's private as well - that entire industry is set up on the premise of overcharging and ripping people off, and doing so in the least ethical ways possible. These companies and the people who run them deserve absolutely zero respect, tbh.

The one I didn't pay was for parking my own car in my own parking space that was part of a 125 year lease on my flat. The 125 year lease clearly stated that I had the right to occupy the flat and park a car in that space effectively without hindrance from the freeholder. I appealled stating that their additional conditions didn't overrule my 125 year lease and charging me to park there was a breach by the freeholder of their covenants in the 125 year lease they had granted to me. They ignored this, turned down my appeal and then badgered me with increasingly threatening letters which I ignored. Eventually they just dropped it. This company didn't really care what the legal position was they just wanted to bully people into giving them money despite having no legal position to stand on.

I had success with getting an charge dropped with Parking Eye at Aldi. Abiut 10 years ago my wife had overstayed by 15 minutes whilst doing a huge 200 quid shop that involved two trolley loads for 15 house guests over new year. We appealed on the basis that it would have been impossible to do such a shop in the 90 minutes limit and that Aldi had not suffered loss of income due to the overstay and we emailed copies of the receipts. They dropped the case within a few days and sent a veiled apology that it was not their intention to punish legitimate use and that they trusted we would continue to shop there.

I don't think Ronnie had the opportunity to appeal as it doesn't seem they are following reasonable procedure and had the chance been there to do so maybe Ronnie could have appealed on similar basis to my Aldi appeal. But I fear that the company he is dealing with is more interested in bullying for payment.

If I had spent lots of cash in the shopping centre or one of the shops there I would be complaining to them and asking them to instruct the parking company to drop it. Otherwise its just much easier to go spend your money elsewhere.

Ok update, 2 weeks ago I had 7 days to pay, got another letter! Thought I had 7 days to pay or else? But now a new face on the letter! Not so friendly looking! I'm a bit scared now, but at least I have another 7 days, how lomg will they persist?

pcn5.jpeg

Spoiler, nothing will happen. It's Scotland I believe 'Keeper Liability' in the 2019 Transport Act hasn't been implemented yet. So unless you appealed and identified the driver, they have only identified the keeper. They can only claim against the driver.

The plot thickens! Now a 3rd party has joined the party, how many deadlines will I get? This is a total farce! letter dated the 24th received today and I have until the 7th this time to pay the ransome!

cst law 1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom