What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pat Lawlor joins JJP, working on original theme

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
10 Years
So this is the announcement...

Jersey Jack Pinball Announces the Collaboration of their Next Machine with the Legendary Pinball Designer Pat Lawlor

Lakewood, New Jersey - January 24, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no compromise pinball machines is very proud to announce the collaboration of their next machine with the legendary pinball designer Pat Lawlor. Pat is returning to Pinball to build an EPIC machine with JJP.

Pat Lawlor Joins the Jersey Jack Pinball Team!

Pat is well-regarded by millions of pinball enthusiasts around the world for what he has been able to create over the years like the best selling pinball machine "The Adams Family". Pat will have the help and support of the JJP team along with his long time teammate Ted Estes. It is our intention that Pat will be able to create a game that truly lets him explore the space of new technology available today in the JJP platform.

"The game will be an original idea enabling Pat and his Team to imagine and to create. If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine" said JJP Founder Jack Guarnieri.

Stay Tuned.....!

About Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. was founded in 2011 with a passion to build premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. The first game that Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is building is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with more than 700 games shipped as of December 2013. More games are popping up in commercial locations and in home game rooms all around the world. The company is in development of The Hobbit Pinball machine which will ship late in 2014.
Contact

Jen Guarnieri, Marketing Coordinator
Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
1645 Oak Street Lakewood, NJ 08701
P: (732) 364-9900 Ext 203
jen@jerseyjackpinball.com

Fairly exciting news, about time that someone makes a machine with an original theme!

F*CK YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Earthshaker
Love Whirlwind
Love Addams
Love TZ
Love Roadshow

Love pinball :cool:
Hate gofers!
Hate CSI
Hate Funhouse
Hate roler coaster
Hate roadshow
Hate monopoly
Hate safe cracker
Hate riplys
Hate you

Love pinball :p

In all seriousness though, it's fricking awesome news and pretty sure JJP will know to let him go wild and design away unhindered, it is gonna be super exciting and thank god it's not gonna be another licence :)
Well done JJP

Wondering how they will use the LCD for an original theme. Hoping for good thing with the Hobbit footage but was unimpressed with the WOZ custom graphics. Given how important the display is I'm wondering what they'll come up with.

Wondering how they will use the LCD for an original theme. Hoping for good thing with the Hobbit footage but was unimpressed with the WOZ custom graphics. Given how important the display is I'm wondering what they'll come up with.

Let's hope it's not dragged out as long as the woz thing, as it would be a shame if that happens again.. Get a load of mementom going then when it's finally released it's already old news, pretty sure woz lessons will have been learnt

NGG is Awesome.

So there.

Oh dear god no it's not it looks like a pin Joseph would own to go with his technicolor dream coat , has the most clunky terrible annoying pop up gofers of doom that make you want to smash the glass and knife them. Sounds are aweful game is dull and they should all be burnt!!! :)
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong they are ;)

Woz graphics are pretty **** compared to the other games on offer atm....

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_41205107_2DEF_4385_9897_A3BD1ADB8483_zpsct80mdlt.jpg

LOL.

Sadly Jonathan, it is impossible to have any kind of discussion that involves JJP with you because you are a typical fanboy. ;)

Yes, obviously the LCD animations look better than DMD etc. But that doesn't mean somebody cannot be unimpressed by them! With the potential for improvement comes the potential for more disappointment. John did not say they were crap compared to other offerings. He said he was unimpressed. Not the same thing.

OK, I'll bite at this.

Woz

encrypted_tbn3_gstatic_com_images_400150b0294ee72bddd5585aceae618d._.jpg
Which reminds me of

encrypted_tbn2_gstatic_com_images_d29ea88f821aeb89122a8656d7e06d11._.jpg

Good ideas but the text and original animation isn't cutting edge

Potentially hobbit

static2.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130615001951_lotr_images_4_405552818f2c4694a22398e43aa6ddc57e.jpg

Fantastic CGI to draw from and hopefully the added animation will be less jarring that combining it with a 50 year old film (Oh and hopefully some voice over work from the real actors)

New theme (if they don't have the budget of a major film studio for the clips)

upload_2014-1-25_10-5-40.jpeg

JJPs USP really is the big screen. This has got loads of potential for themed games (inc WOZ) but how will it stand up for an original theme? I like the graphics in RFM but the world has moved on massively and that standard of animation would now look laughable compared to modern video games. The screen is the first thing anyone is going to notice on a pin in the wild so it has to be good.

Not knocking JJP here as I think the screen is a long overdue development and done right is a major attraction to casual punters. Good that they are going with an original theme. What was the last one? RFM? (Not sure if Stern have stuck one out) big plus points for getting designers on board but the screen is another huge area that they have to fill with something really impressive (maybe more so than the cab art)

I'm allowed as much as an opinion as anyone else. This is a small pinball company with one man designing the visuals. Not a billion pound company that has a full team working on xbox or ps4 visuals

I'm allowed as much as an opinion as anyone else. This is a small pinball company with one man designing the visuals. Not a billion pound company that has a full team working on xbox or ps4 visuals
Of course you're allowed your opinion Jon, and I wasn't trying to have a pop at you:)
I think though you've hit the nail on the head when you state that they haven't got the same budget as a company producing XBOX games. The issue for me is that like it or not they are competing with the modern games in arcades. If the art isn't up to scratch it really stands out (Not limited to JJP - think of the God awful Angus on the AC/DC pro). For me getting art from a theme seems relatively easy and can be done well. Creating enough animation from scratch is a massive undertaking and I'd be very interested to see how it's done.

Oh dear god no it's not it looks like a pin Joseph would own to go with his technicolor dream coat , has the most clunky terrible annoying pop up gofers of doom that make you want to smash the glass and knife them. Sounds are aweful game is dull and they should all be burnt!!! :)
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how wrong they are ;)
I would not have thought you would have owned one for long enough to realise just how good the game is. I would have thought most games stay with you less than a month or is it two weeks ? Its such a small amount of time I have forgotten which it is. All I know its not enough to find out just how good the game really is.
So there :p

Back
Top Bottom