What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Party Zone Start Button Wiring

Andy B

Site Supporter
Would someone mind posting up a photo of the wiring to the microswitch on start button on a Party Zone please. Particularly interested in whether or not there is a diode fixed to yours.

Working on a PZ and the only switch that does not work is the start button!

Thanks

Andy

No diode !
Diode is on the PCB inside the left of the door.

It is a wire not quite in the connectors on the door board, or a broken diode there or bad solder track.

Press wires into the connectors.

Most likely you have pulled a wire slightly.

Thanks.

I jumpered the column and row pins for the start button on the connector at the side of that board that goes to the backbox and it started a game so it's clearly something between the start button and that "outward" connector.

Been pushing all the wires in tight on the "in" connector and "out" connector but making no difference.

Will get diode testing and the soldering iron out tomorrow.

Cheers!

Broken wire(s) from switch to PCB connector inside cab to left of door.

Replaced the wires and it’s working fine now (though with a green wire not a green and brown wire and a white wire not a white and orange wire - I carry spare wire for arcades, not pins - when do you ever need to replace a wire in a pin? First time ever for me.

Thanks for helping out again Legend!

Back
Top Bottom