What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel Box - Review

DRD

Registered
We are doubtless all getting more parcels these days. I imagine that the volume of goods delivered to our homes will just grow and grow

I am sick of having them left on the step, left with neighbours (an imposition on their goodwill), thrown over the gate, left in recycling bin, taken to a depot 25 mins drive away ...), being on work calls when deliveries arrive...

Noone I know has one. No shop really sells them. So I was left with Internet research.

I ended up with this. I had to lay extra flagstones. It is bolted to the wall and floor - 4 fixings in each are possible. It is the biggest one with the largest opening I could find.

20201202_141332.jpg

20201202_141358.jpg20201202_141414.jpg

It is the largest made by Brizebox. All galvanised steel with stainless hinges, locks etc. It has been sensibly designed with good water seals. Sprung floor. Top drawer automatically locks when it is full. At 42kg it weighs over twice as much as the competitors. It is still only made of 1mm steel - but 2mm would have made it too heavy for delivery/ installation in the real world.

A battery grinder will cut through a 12mm hardened steel padlock so this is no opposition to one. But absent a grinder - it does offer a sensible level of security. Multi point locking. To remove the top drawer you need to drill out rivets.

Mine is covered by a ring camera and rests in view of the street.

Whatever it offers, it is better than the pavement.

Max parcel size is 52cm wide x 39cm deep x 32cm high. This sounds big, but I have already had 2x parcels that were too large to fit inside - 2 pairs of walking boots in the same package, and a box with towels in.

So I think many smaller ones are simply a waste of time. If you are considering one of these things- think hard about what size you need to make sense.

Due to rarity, parcel boxes are far too expensive and I expect that they will be much cheaper in a few years. At £330, I bought this through gritted teeth, but seemed the best of a bad bunch really

You can get lesser versions of these for £100 that weigh a third of what this does - I doubt they will last very long

Link
https://www.brizebox.com/product/standalone-extra-large/

This was my second choice. It is one of the largest out there - but much smaller opening and capacity than the brizebox ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/elephantrunk-Parcel-Drop-Box-Red/dp/B00AESQ1FQ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom