What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parcel Box - Daytime Deliveries

DRD

Registered
As time goes on, I can imagine all of us receiving ever more amazon/ other home deliveries at odd hours of the day.

I am getting sick of things being thrown over the gate/ left on the step/ left in the rain

Has anyone on here found a decent, waterproof (vaguely secure ?) parcel box please ?

My official Amazon ‘safe place’ is the Greenhouse, otherwise the Keter bench/box is often used by the other randoms like Royal Mail, Hermes, DHL etc.

None of them can close a garden gate properly... and we have an external Netatmo camera watching who comes and when.

Reactions: DRD
I bought an additional wheelie bin from the council, fitted a metal hoop to the outside, attached to a piece of wood inside for strength, and chained it to the wall of the house (so it can't be removed).

I then attached a hasp (the sort for fitting to a shed door) to the lid so it can be locked with a padlock. Put a sign on it "deliveries" and a note just inside the front window asking for deliveries to be put in it and the padlock secured.

I has been working very well for the last couple of years. It has the obvious limitation that it can only take one delivery a day,, as once the padlock is closed it is secure until I get home but that isn't normally a problem, although according to Amazon, I seem to average around 100 orders a year, so it gets a fair bit of use, with eBay, and my wife ordering stuff as well!

I have also put an empty cardboard box in the bottom to effectively raise the floor, as otherwise it was impossible to reach small parcels in the bottom of the bin.

Back
Top Bottom