What's new

For Sale Pandora's Box 4

kevlar

Site Supporter
10 Years
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I recently bought a cab with a PB4 which has 645 arcade games in a very user friendly interface ( much easier to use than any mame setup ). I pretty much decided I was going to fit a Raspberry pi 3 to the cab as soon as I got it which makes the PB4 redundant as all the games on it are also on my pi setup ( plus many more ). If you google pandoras box 4 game list you can see all the games on it. It has a jamma interface so as far as I know with my limmited knowledge of arcade stuff it will work on any horizontal monitor jamma cab. A lot of the games need 6 buttons ( like streetfighter 2 ) so that would be one consideration. Externally it has a jamma edge connector, a vga output, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a volume slider and a menu button. £85 delivered.

20160820_140316.jpg 20161020_164445.jpg 20161020_164453.jpg 20161020_164502.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these in my Candy Cab - cool bit of kit, happy to recommend it, and definitely much simpler than faffing around with MAME.

Are you happy with the Pi 3 then Kev ?
I have just bought one to try out Kodi with. It may end up in my Picade yet.

Are you happy with the Pi 3 then Kev ?
I have just bought one to try out Kodi with. It may end up in my Picade yet.
Well I've only used the pi3 with retropie and game roms, I have nothing to compare it with except the PB4 which it seems to match performance wise.

It handles streaming well. Keeps the Mrs quiet while she watches a load of American dramas.

I shall have to try a comparison with the Pi 2 in my Picade. I know the Pi 2 struggled a bit with PlayStation games.

I have one of these in my Candy Cab - cool bit of kit, happy to recommend it, and definitely much simpler than faffing around with MAME.

The 2huwmans MAME units work exactly the same as these multi-boards so no more or less difficult :)

Back
Top Bottom