What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Pandora's Box 4

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I recently bought a cab with a PB4 which has 645 arcade games in a very user friendly interface ( much easier to use than any mame setup ). I pretty much decided I was going to fit a Raspberry pi 3 to the cab as soon as I got it which makes the PB4 redundant as all the games on it are also on my pi setup ( plus many more ). If you google pandoras box 4 game list you can see all the games on it. It has a jamma interface so as far as I know with my limmited knowledge of arcade stuff it will work on any horizontal monitor jamma cab. A lot of the games need 6 buttons ( like streetfighter 2 ) so that would be one consideration. Externally it has a jamma edge connector, a vga output, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a volume slider and a menu button. £85 delivered.

20160820_140316.jpg 20161020_164445.jpg 20161020_164453.jpg 20161020_164502.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of these in my Candy Cab - cool bit of kit, happy to recommend it, and definitely much simpler than faffing around with MAME.

Are you happy with the Pi 3 then Kev ?
I have just bought one to try out Kodi with. It may end up in my Picade yet.

Are you happy with the Pi 3 then Kev ?
I have just bought one to try out Kodi with. It may end up in my Picade yet.
Well I've only used the pi3 with retropie and game roms, I have nothing to compare it with except the PB4 which it seems to match performance wise.

It handles streaming well. Keeps the Mrs quiet while she watches a load of American dramas.

I shall have to try a comparison with the Pi 2 in my Picade. I know the Pi 2 struggled a bit with PlayStation games.

I have one of these in my Candy Cab - cool bit of kit, happy to recommend it, and definitely much simpler than faffing around with MAME.

The 2huwmans MAME units work exactly the same as these multi-boards so no more or less difficult :)

Back
Top Bottom