What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Pachinko Machine

MajesticPinball

Site Supporter
Alias
James Reed
Got back from Tokyo yesterday and had an incredible time there. I got pretty obsessed with Pachinko while there (as I thought would happen) so now looking for a machine.

Not sure which one I would like so I guess I will have to wait until I see one that catches my eye, ideally something pretty Japanese so not looking for anything like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

Let me know if you've got anything you would like to part with!

I thought they looked great fun so borrowed one from a friend. My wife was almost demented with the noise from the balls 😂 (my pins are out in garage)
So have decided to go for the slot machine one instead 😁

I thought they looked great fun so borrowed one from a friend. My wife was almost demented with the noise from the balls 😂 (my pins are out in garage)
So have decided to go for the slot machine one instead 😁
I've got Super Blackjack and Spin Luck, both are very fun but don't play them that often - and also insanely loud as well haha

Good Man! This what i have in my office. Great machines, even if just for the shiny light show!! And you can use IKEA cabinets to fit them, see my other thread

Get some proper silver and gold balls (for the hopper) aswell so you get the full esperience

Sankyo models are good in my view and there are 2 parts to it. A frame and a board. You can in theory swap different board in and out i believe. Ie star wars and indy jones etc. I think this is correct anyway but haven't done it myself. My indy ones is staying forever :)

IMG_5921.JPG

Good Man! This what i have in my office. Great machines, even if just for the shiny light show!! And you can use IKEA cabinets to fit them, see my other thread

Get some proper silver and gold balls (for the hopper) aswell so you get the full esperience

Sankyo models are good in my view and there are 2 parts to it. A frame and a board. You can in theory swap different board in and out i believe. Ie star wars and indy jones etc. I think this is correct anyway but haven't done it myself. My indy ones is staying forever :)

View attachment 104000
That looks so good mate, fits perfectly in that cabinet... Making me want one even more now 😂

I think i have a tray of balls somewhere....
I'll buy them if you don't need them? Going to build a ball system for it when I eventually get a Pachinko machine so will need a good amount of balls

I'll buy them if you don't need them? Going to build a ball system for it when I eventually get a Pachinko machine so will need a good amount of balls
Will take a look and see if i can find them.... They are obviously quite heavy... Will get back to you :)
I do remember they are genuine ones... Each is engraved with some Japanese writing...

Will take a look and see if i can find them.... They are obviously quite heavy... Will get back to you :)
I do remember they are genuine ones... Each is engraved with some Japanese writing...
Appreciate that, thanks Paul

How do you get the balls to the hopper at the top? I've been looking for a solution to this for a while but the only contraption I've seen has been way too expensive.

Cheers

The engraving name/letters/symbol marks the parlour /arcaed they come from i believe. Each parlour uses its own balls ie so they know whats been won etc

Mine say *YURAKU* on them

The engraving name/letters/symbol marks the parlour /arcaed they come from i believe. Each parlour uses its own balls ie so they know whats been won etc

Mine say *YURAKU* on them
That's true, each parlor I went to had different engravings on the balls, usually the same name as the parlor but not always. One place I did visit did have totally blank balls though which I thought was odd

I've seen these about for sale and find them fun looking but tbh I haven't got the foggiest! Can someone explain what the bloody hell is going on?! Do you pour loads of small balls in the top and watch them rain down and bounce about? What is the aim?!

I've seen these about for sale and find them fun looking but tbh I haven't got the foggiest! Can someone explain what the bloody hell is going on?! Do you pour loads of small balls in the top and watch them rain down and bounce about? What is the aim?!
You fire them up using a lever (or that white ball at the bottom of Jim’s one) then you watch them fall down in a bagatelle fashion

always thought they looked fun. but like tna for example, great fun on location but not so great as your only pin (I imagine)

My understanding is that you are trying to win the special gold balls from within the hopper so that you can use them to claim a prize, money, drinks, etc etc

The regular silver balls are the ones you buy at the start and are the cannon fodder that you use to play the game, they fall down and then go into a collection area under the games and aren't the main payout. I think sometimes some of the silver balls can be returned to use again, or are a lower/beginning jackpot/payout.

Of course i have never been to japan though (which is something i want to change soon!, love japan) so i dont know if what i'm saying is just rubbish and the way they have them setup these days is different. Just from what i've read and seen from a tech point of view on the workings of my own game it makes sense to have special different balls within the internal hopper.

The way all of the Parlors I visited seems to be different to how they used to run, it's all very modern now. Each machine has a separate ball system which you put your money in and it credits up the machine with balls, you press a buttons and the dispenser on the side spits out 200 balls at a time which go into the shooter tray. You then fire these round the machine and try to land the ball in certain slots which run a slot machine type sequence. Hitting the jackpot opens a large flap on the bottom of the game and every ball that goes into that flap pays out a load of balls.

Balls paid out go into the shooter tray... which then starts to overflow and then balls are fed to a lower overflow tray, once that gets full you press a button to empty the overflow tray and the balls go back into the dispenser which then displays your winnings. These can then be withdrawn when your credits run out or cashed out, which then gives you a card to take to the prize counter.

Gold balls aren't paid out anymore and it seems that you don't get trays and trays of balls put behind you when you're winning, it's all handled by the ball dispensing system on the sides of the machines now. You can kind of see it on the left hand side of the machine but I was being very careful taking pictures as you're not supposed to photograph inside the places
IMG-20200318-WA0066.jpg

I'm glad you asked. I've even watched YouTube videos on them - and still non the wiser!

Good job parcelforce! 1 totally written off Pachinko machine arrived this morning. If any Pachinko people have any suggestions on where I can find a complete hopper and payout system for this Sankyo machine please let me know.... Otherwise I've got one giant piece of junk to add to my collection of f***ed machines

Attachments

• IMG-20200328-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20200328-WA0001.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG-20200328-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200328-WA0000.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 68
Is it the sellers problem to sort out?
Sellers response was to hand feed the balls into the payout mech, which is obviously not a solution. he doesn't seem to be acting as if much is wrong.

The only solution I can find is to get the other Sankyo machine of eBay which has a lord of the rings cell in and break it for parts. If anybody wants the cell if I do go that route let me know

Back
Top Bottom