What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owning a Pinball Machine 101 – Items To Have On Hand

J

James

Pinball 101 - Items to have on hand
In the second of the pinball 101 series, we look at simple items to have on hand in order to keep you pinball machine running well.

Owning a Pinball Machine 101 – Items To Have On Hand

Continue reading...

That certainly makes owning a pinball machine seem much less scary, everything in there is easy to do.

That certainly makes owning a pinball machine seem much less scary, everything in there is easy to do.

That is the very very basics, but it shouldn't be that scary, always loads of people on here to help too.

dood, how did you miss leg bolt spanner (sack truck as above) and fuses!

Even just a basic multimeter is absolutely essential, you need it to test fuses at the bare minimum. Slow blow fuses especially can look OK-ish while being totally dead. It's also what a beginner needs to check for disconnected wires / broken traces etc. Also it's essential when getting help on the forum for more technical problems - we can frontline help with a lot of issues if we can at least get voltages and continuity tests. So a multimeter isn't just for a DIY-er, it can almost be the passport required for getting online help and diagnosis without (or at the very least, before) getting it to a professional.

Sledge hammer for when it all goes wrong?? Or at least a can of petrol if it's a TOM... ;)

That is optional, probably not a 101 @Paul - sledgehammer is certainly for outside of the honeymoon period....

Percy (my sledgehammer) last dealt with a pin in 2014 (wipeout) . Been through about 300 fruit machines since though!

For me #1 mobile phone camera for the many pics needed to reassemble what has been disassembled, #2 (cheap) soldering iron for coil wires etc, #3 DMM, #4 Dremel :thumbs:

@astyy - I want to move onto more in depth items later on, definitely the camera phone even for basic items.

Thanks for the input as always sir!

Back
Top Bottom