What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Over priced pins!

Cryptkeeper

Registered
Alias
RingSting
A friend was showing me the catalog for an upcoming Christie's Auction,

Lot 34 AN ELECTRO-MECHANICAL BUCKAROO PINBALL MACHINE £8-12000
and
Lot 36 - AN ELECTRO MECHANICAL SLICK CHICK PINBALL £6-10000

Could be a deal there for someone.........

A mate of mine went to a motor auction at silverstone last month and a Grand Prix em went for about £9k!!!

A mate of mine went to a motor auction at silverstone last month and a Grand Prix em went for about £9k!!!
Would likely have been a Bonhams auction, they often deal with classic cars and such, can't say I'm surprised given the usual clientele of such auctions. Was likely the cheapest item sold there too by a considerable distance

This is all Giacomo Malvermi's stuff (pinballcreative.co.uk). He puts hours of work into his restorations, and the playfields are all sent to Henrik Maurer in Germany for restoration. The attention to detail is amazing and the results are stunning but the hours of work means they are not cheap. The buyers are very rich individuals who want works of art as much as pinball machines, but usually people who none the less want to play the games rather than just look at them. I don't think that at that level the price is really important to the buyers: what's the difference between 5k and 10k if you have plenty of money and you're getting a machine that you want in a condition that you can't get elsewhere

Last edited:
Exactly. In cases like that, as with any high end restore, it's worth whatever the buyers are prepaid to pay. Given the rarity of such items, especially in any kind of decent condition, it's hardly surprising they attract those prices. Plus, we also have a massive supply and demand issue in pinball which is pushing prices higher all of the time.

time to dust off those motoring pins! now where did I sell that 100 games on the clock dodge viper ? im sure they must be bored sick of it by now

Back
Top Bottom