What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orlando / Disney / Universal Chat

Flying out for 12 nights on October 28th. Got 14 day passes to Disney/Universal and have booked into Halloween Horror Nights on Halloween night. Can't wait

I have been on Halloween night before... If you can, get into "Stay and Scream" and pick a zone closest to the houses you want to visit first.

Queues on Halloween night can get very long. I had to queue for 2.5 hours per house!

I love it though so well worth it haha.

I have been on Halloween night before... If you can, get into "Stay and Scream" and pick a zone closest to the houses you want to visit first.

Queues on Halloween night can get very long. I had to queue for 2.5 hours per house!

I love it though so well worth it haha.

Sounds hideous 😂

HHN's are awesome I did the one in Hollywood last year, I was only there for the night so paid for the VIP tour which was around £280 for the night but totally worth it...

Your tour guide will get you into every house without queueing, I did every house about 3 times in one night :)

My 1000th post, so made sure it's a goodie 😁

Arcade Monsters is now open on International Drive, possibly no coincidence during IAAP week while the big boys were in town.
If it's anything like the Oviedo location, this is a game changer for us and we'll visit A LOT.

Idrive+Hype-9.jpg

Idrive+Hype-11.jpg

Not watched this video yet, sorry if it's 💩

https://maps.app.goo.gl/L2xsEzMzxCMHiVSWA

Last edited:
Wow that looks great. Staying about 100m up the road from there next September

Definitely going to be adding this to the list

Just looking in the blackfriday sales to buy all the park tickets at the min. Coming in a £4K for four of us.

Should have took them to Alton towers and brought another pin !

Arcade Monsters is now open on International Drive, possibly no coincidence during IAAP week while the big boys were in town.
If it's anything like the Oviedo location, this is a game changer for us and we'll visit A LOT.

We’ve unexpectedly found ourselves back in Orlando, which meant we had the chance to spend four hours at Arcade Monsters yesterday. Absolutely loved it. We went early on a weekday, getting there not long after 12pm, and we pretty much had the place to ourselves for several hours. Venue was amazing, great variety of arcades and the pins were in really good condition. Drinks were good, food was good, staff were great, and the bathrooms were clean. My wife isn’t normally a fan or arcades but even she had a great time here. We’ll definitely be back the next time we’re in Orlando.

Really enjoyed Venom LE and JJP Godfather.

IMG_4096.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

Wow. Just looked up the location and being just off of Universal Boulevard and on IDrive, deffo a good one to visit!

Wowser. I could spend weeks in there. Will definitely be visiting next time I'm in Orlando.

Venue was amazing, great variety of arcades and the pins were in really good condition. Drinks were good, food was good, staff were great, and the bathrooms were clean.
The Oviedo location is the same, hence having high hopes for this being in a far more convenient location. Roll on April :D

Edit:
As a side note; the Oviedo location has 3 CGC's RE:MM / LE:AFM / LE:MB which I think they would have here also if supply was available. During the interview with the manager she says they're expecting more pins as they're her thing... mumbles a bit... then say's we'll have a Pulp Fiction. So my thinking was she was expecting some CGC inventory in the near future, spotted lot's of Raw Thrills branding on the other games in there.

Last edited:
Just bought our friends park tickets for April when we all go, the package included those money off drinks gubbins that we definitely won't be using having kids in the group.

There's x4 DollarOffDrinks all day happy hour cards give me a shout if you want a Freebie or all 4:
https://dollaroffdrinks.com

Last edited:
I always get the "Eat and play" card... costs around £15 and you get a % back on each place you eat that participates. One card covers a max of 4 people.

I like a good Dennys (mainly for the shakes)... in this instance you get i think 10% taken off your bill... it used to be 20% which was great as it covered the tip :D

It also covers places like Red Loster, Black Angus etc.

I always get the "Eat and play" card... costs around £15 and you get a % back on each place you eat that participates. One card covers a max of 4 people.

I like a good Dennys (mainly for the shakes)... in this instance you get i think 10% taken off your bill... it used to be 20% which was great as it covered the tip :D

It also covers places like Red Loster, Black Angus etc.
Definitely looks better than the VIP Shop & Dine card, have that for free at the moment though. Will need to remember this one for future ref :thumbs:

Yup. Costs, where the other is usually given away free. They used to give the Eat and play one away... but it's the one that i use consistantly there - pays for itself. Just show it on your phone at the till, and they remove the relavent %age :)

Ha, just seen this thread, we are out there all the time we have just got back from spending a month out there and getting back just before Christmas. and like @Crewey we almost always stay at Cabana Bay as it's the best bang for buck Hotel out there, and has an amazing vibe to the place. When we were picked up from the Orlando Airport by our Driver this time he took us for a trip over to the new Epic Universe Park that Universal is building. There are 3 Hotels already up, 1 ride already in the testing phase and the place is enormous. And a trip over to the Aventura Hotel for a cocktail on the rooftop bar will let you see just how massive it's going to be

Attachments

• 20231127_163503.jpg
    20231127_163503.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231127_163511.jpg
    20231127_163511.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 17
Ha, just seen this thread, we are out there all the time we have just got back from spending a month out there and getting back just before Christmas. and like @Crewey we almost always stay at Cabana Bay as it's the best bang for buck Hotel out there, and has an amazing vibe to the place. When we were picked up from the Orlando Airport by our Driver this time he took us for a trip over to the new Epic Universe Park that Universal is building. There are 3 Hotels already up, 1 ride already in the testing phase and the place is enormous. And a trip over to the Aventura Hotel for a cocktail on the rooftop bar will let you see just how massive it's going to be
Yup Universal moves fast, unlike the mouse. The footprint of Epic Universe alone eclipses their existing total footprint in Orlando, they named it correctly then.

Yep they are going to absolutely bury Disney, they have also just acquired Pokemon and that is going to be opening up in the Parks that are already there along with, if the rumours are true and they look to be, Zelda going in where the lost continent is now.
Looking forward to getting back out there again in May and then back out for HHN and Christmas YAY!!!

Chat was sling Simpsons IP back to Disney with them now owning FOX and replace it with Pokemon.
Would be a shame as the theme integration of Springfield is superb, even if the ride is dated to hell (it was the BTTF mech afterall)

Just booked up with Virgin air miles for July- it’s gonna be a family trip to Universal staying at either Cabana Bay or one of the Endless Summer hotels as they do good sized suites. We’ve only ever done Disney before, but the kids are a bit older so less bothered about Disney this time. Anyone got an opinion about the Endless Summer or Cabana Bay hotels?

Do Cabana bay mate you will love it, 2 pools to choose from plus a lovely lazy river. Nice easy walk to both parks or you have the bus. and its right next door to Volcano bay water park with your own entrance for Cabana Bay guests

And when you get there pay for the unlimited refill cups for the length of your stay, it will cost you about $20 but you can get all the drinks you want from the touch screen coke machines and also as many slush puppies as your brain can handle, which are nice to have while sitting by the pool.
Or if you have Annual Passes like we have then everything at Universal is even cheaper

Any BBQ recommendations please folks?
We have a birthday in our group while over in April, I assumed he'd want a fancy steakhouse so was thinking, Shulah's/Boathouse/Palms vibe and this morning he's said he'd like BBQ o_O
Sooo we need to find decent BBQ that's not a quick service or a canteen dine and run vibe like Polite Pig.

We went to a Longhorn where i had one of the best steaks i;d ever had... Not really BBQ, however similar....

Yah Longhorn is class, HUGE portions and free salad/baked potato

We are booked to go this August, staying at Universal's Cabana Bay. I have not been for 20yrs, sure it's changed a lot :)
Hoping to check out Arcade Monsters during the chill days (if we have any :) )

Cool @zxspectrum16k. I’m booked up for end of July / start of August at Cabana Bay- took your advice @neilljj and wife & kids were sold when I mentioned proximity to Volcano Bay. Can’t wait- Arcade Monsters looks great and will be visiting too! 😃
Volcano Bay nearby did it for us as well :) I was told that you can get in the parks 1hr before everyone as staying in a Universal Hotel.
Also, my kids older so they don't mind going on the rides themselves. Was told that they have a queue for single riders, which is a good way for the kids to go on stuff quicker

@SteadyP hello mate you will have a lovely time there and you and the Mrs will be able to relax by the pool in the evenings and just let the kids go into the pool and the lazy river and wear themselves out. And even on a lazy day there is plenty to keep you busy in the Hotel with the bowling alley, arcade and a pool at either end of the Hotel. Just remember to get the cabana bay cups as soon as you get there and get the person on the till to put them on unlimited refills for the whole of your stay, you can then use them for the coke freestyles machines in the dining hall and also unlimited slush puppies from the machine in the bayliner diner. It will save you a fortune!
If you or @zxspectrum16k need any info let me know as like i said we are there all the time and pretty much know all the tricks now.

Back
Top Bottom