What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! original monster bash

andrew.m

Site Supporter
cash waiting for the right machine needs work not a problem a nice one not a problem must be a Williams one

any specific reason you have ruled out a remake? the remake plays epically.

any specific reason you have ruled out a remake? the remake plays epically.
I bought a mmr le and the artwork looked terrible and the trims looked cheap never even unpacked it the pcbs put me off bit two because if it breaks down its going to be a headache as I don't think they can be fixed easily but the main reason is I won't it to sit inbetween my original afm cv mm and tafg I sold the cc thought it was crap

Artwork looked terrible? It’s identical ;) trims in the LE are better than anything Williams used but the flat gold isn’t that eye friendly I agree.

Neil.

sorry neil i was talking about mmr le ive never seen a monster remake in the flesh the mmr artwork was terrible

Yeah I’m looking at a MMR LE - the artwork is identical as a Williams one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you need to go to spec savers then th original mm was a screen printed cabinet where the mmr is decals hence the cheap plastic leg protectors the stop them crinkling up the one I had had over lap on the coin door to the main body where it was out of line the gold finish on the le was poor as well it was like some had painted it with a rattle can

I can’t speak for MMr (owned 3 MM classics) but one thing I can say for sure is MBrLE is the most gorgeous thing ever, the lighting is far and away superior to the original, the scupted toys likewise and the powder coating absolutely stunning. But above all this the large display is a game changer with its updated graphics that put a lot of the newer LCDs to shame while keeping the retro feel of the original. Last but far from least the topper really is the cherry on top of this masterpiece.
Over the years Ive owned a few MB originals and love the game for its family friendly theme and very simple gameplay but personally CGC have done the game proud and vastly improved what was already the best Williams classic Even ranking above both MM and AFM (in my opinion again)

caveat : pins are marmite and one mans opinon means nothing, on top of all that WTF do I know and who cares anyway :rofl:

this opinion was mostly brought to you by Corona (the beer) and some weird Japanese Gin the wife bought while in California

I'm seriously considering a MBr classic but with the upgraded graphics chip (400 quid I think) - so the newer updated graphics but in the usual size format. Which I think still looks absolutely fantastic.

Do you think it's worth splurging the extra 1k or so for the special @Colywobbles? Considering all it would boil do to really is a larger screen?

And RGB lighting, and all the toys sculpted better and the lighting mods on some toys.... the standard really is for people who want a modern version of the original - the premium is a re-imagining with all the things you’d want from a modern game. Although.... maybe not the SUPER deep code. Still pretty good though.

76A5BF8A-1960-41F0-874F-C8E24E7229BA.png
01799B62-053A-41BA-A4A4-99BE78704F33.png

@James I mean an MBr classic, so toys and lighting should be the same.

Oh just saw your second post!

That decides it then.

I'm seriously considering a MBr classic but with the upgraded graphics chip (400 quid I think) - so the newer updated graphics but in the usual size format. Which I think still looks absolutely fantastic.

Do you think it's worth splurging the extra 1k or so for the special @Colywobbles? Considering all it would boil do to really is a larger screen?
Put it this way if I had a Classic I personally wouldn’t upgrade to the standard and £400 for colour WT actual F!
Like James Said there’s much more on a premium, you always welcome to try one up north but I guess it’s a bloody long way from you me thinks.

I’ve got an original. Toyed with upgrading to a remake mainly for the big screen. Ultimately decided I don’t like the game that much (Becca loves it which is why I bought it).

I remember when MMr came out loads of people said the big boards would fail quickly. Anyone had any problems yet?

I’ve got an original. Toyed with upgrading to a remake mainly for the big screen. Ultimately decided I don’t like the game that much (Becca loves it which is why I bought it).

I remember when MMr came out loads of people said the big boards would fail quickly. Anyone had any problems yet?
Not the deepest code by a long shot but made up by the fact it the best family pin ever made. Non pinheads and kids love it.

LOL I wouldn’t be seen dead in specsavers!

So yes its not screen printed but the decal is very high quality and I’ve yet to see any of the MMR LEs have any type of crinkling issue atleast that I can recall. I wonder how many MMs are still actually the screen print vs re-decal-ed

Whilst the colour of the “gold” on MMR LE isn’t great the finish of it is one of the best on any powder coated game I’ve seen (for all of the CGC games) But anyway you pays your money and takes your choices!

547a33ca5551c6c817c9cc0c36ab6807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I played the remake LE at Domino with Neil. It's about as good looking and well made as any pinball that I've seen. Creature looked pretty cool although he seemed to have moved from a lagoon to a small carp pond.

There is a massive temptation to buy any of those Chicago gaming pinballs. I wonder what they'll do next?

“Best Family pin”? While MB is very family friendly non pinheads always seem to gravitate to AFM/MM/WCS if I have people over.

I suspect it’s the obvious big target to go for which gives easy results where as with MB you need to know a bit about what you are aiming for.

Haven’t had anyone over since a I got Elvira so that might also be a contender as the house shot is obvious.

“Best Family pin”? While MB is very family friendly non pinheads always seem to gravitate to AFM/MM/WCS if I have people over.

I suspect it’s the obvious big target to go for which gives easy results where as with MB you need to know a bit about what you are aiming for.

Haven’t had anyone over since a I got Elvira so that might also be a contender as the house shot is obvious.

This is something I notice a lot. Most people that I know don't know anything about pinball. I find that you have a very limited time to get them hooked or even interested in one more game. Ideally if they miss a shot the ball will hit something else, return to the flippers and they'll feel like they've achieved something.

My daughter loved Jackbot. She knew that they had to open the barrier then hit two very obvious shots to get a multiball.

My son was really interested in AFM for the very reasons that you suggest John.

My pal Marcus really enjoyed LOTR because despite not knowing what to do. The ball times were long and multiball is activated pretty quickly.

TOM is also good for first time players because it still flows even if you hit the wrong ramp.

I would agree that MB requires a bit more knowledge but I think the toys & playfield probably get people to hang around for another game.

The mini playfield on ACDC, even though it cops a lot of flack from pinheads, elicits hysterics from first timers.

I'm also a massive fan.

mbrle looks good with all the bells and whistles but it would look silly next two mm cv afm tafg im going for the classic look and not the pimp my pinball look the funny think is this is my forth monster bash and have never played it I hope its a good as the price they demand

Back
Top Bottom