What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Thunder Stealth fighter Mod

Friz

Registered
Bit of a pointless thread but I couldn't contain myself and the Mrs isn't interested so I had to share it with you guys.

I bought a Matchbox diecast stealth fighter plane the other week with the idea of adding it to my pin, I drilled out the pop rivets holding it together, stripped down a frosted LED, added some wires and added it behind the cockpit screen and glued it in place. then drilled 2 holes for mounting and wire passage and re-assembled it. Then I got some thick polished stainless wire, cut it to size, bent it round at both ends and screwed one end into the plane, the other under a screw holding the wire ramp down and ran the wires under plastics stealthily and down an existing hole in the playfield and to an existing GI chain.

Results=
WP_20140325_004.jpg

Im pretty pleased with it, pictures abit cr@p as its only on my phone but it looks like it was always supposed to be there and makes the playfield abit more interesting in my opinion. It can easily be removed if I or the next owner doesn't want it as nothing is permanent.

That is all. Thanks for reading! :)

I almost painted it black to match the playfield art better but in retrospect, im glad I didn't as it works nicely as it is and It retains the stickers on it.

The stealth fighters are all over the cab side art too so it ties in nicely. I cant take any credit for the idea though really, I saw an f-14 pin with a plane mod and got me thinking.

Looks great. Wish I still had mine. Not the Pinball, but the jet fighter! The neighbours didn't like it when I left for work...

Back
Top Bottom