What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Longer Available Operation Thunder. - Not selling it here...

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
This is now up for sale.

It's been refurbed, every screw polished, anything broken replaced, everything stripped and deep cleaned, side rails, cash box, legs and lockdown done in a satin burnt orange powder coat, no more rusting.

Near mint playfield, Vari-target works and resets correctly too.

LED GI and Backbox and Flashers. Normal bulbs for inserts.

Speaker panel resprayed and cleaned.

Comes with original manual and flyer.

Bad bits, needs one flipper bat as one is cracked, small amount of PF wear under one of the areas the ball drops through but this is well hidden by plastics. Needs speaker panel lock bar refitting as I can't find the lock mounting plate anywhere.

I don't know what these are worth in this condition, it has to be one of the very best out there.

Pics are in the Shop Log section.

Lets start at £1200 and come down, I will be open to listening to offers...

Now just £1000 - Grab yourself a bargain today!

Now just £750

Last edited:
Free BUMP!

Love this game and own one, but not being funny, yours is overpriced by at least £250 at £1k. I did a bucket load to mine including a full strip of everything, tumbled all the parts, machine polished playfield, strip and rebuild of flippers and drop targets, cleaned and reassembled, new legs, painted coin door, new speakers, plane and tank mods, the list goes on and still would only expect 700-800 tops. Great game but sadly doesn't fetch much.

with work done gottlieb are rock solid. there isnt a lot about under £1000 any tech and certainly not fully working and cosmetics done.

To be fair, I was only selling it to buy another machine, Don't think that's possible though. Selling this for £750 won't leave me enough to buy any other working nice condition machine at all. So go on guys, grab yourself a bargain. Machines are never going to be cheaper than they are now. Show me another machine I can get for the price of this in this condition?

I have decided that I am not going to sell it here.

As soon as I drop the price to a give away, considering it's a completely done machine, dealers start emailing me offering me the £750...

Sorry If a dealer can offer me £750 then that means they will want a profit so stuff it, I would rather scrap it than allow people to profit off all my hard work...

C

This is a strange thread Courtney! You chopped the price twice in 48 hours and now seem cross that someone is willing to pay your current asking price. :hmm:

Dealers will always buy games they think they can profit on of course. Even if they bought a Creech from here for 2k they would still list it for 4K+. That's just what they do isn't it? Doesn't mean you could sell a Creech on here for 4K+ though.
As long as you get your asking price I don't understand what you are annoyed about.

Nice looking game by the way.

Last edited:
This is a strange thread Courtney! You chopped the price twice in 48 hours and now seem cross that someone is willing to pay your current asking price. :hmm:

Dealers will always buy games they think they can profit on of course. Even if they bought a Creech from here for 2k they would still list it for 4K+. That's just what they do isn't it? Doesn't mean you could sell a Creech on here for 4K+ though.
As long as you get your asking price I don't understand what you are annoyed about.

Nice looking game by the way.

Lyme Regis? Awesome man, I'm just down the road in Bridport, good to see another forum member from down this way

Can be a limited market in the Gottlieb world ! The £1 start Ebay gamble may be worthwhile leading up to Christmas for those new buyers that don't look at the manufacturer, cost of spare parts etc.

Price corrected, thank you

No-one should be posting about your price in a for sale thread. PM maybe, but not publicly. It's worth what it's worth to you and Gott's can take some time for the right person to see it. Best keeping hold if you can until that person comes along.

i hope you get a price you're happy with - definitely if you do decide to sell it, i suggest pictures in your sale thread or at the least a direct link to them, as folks are lazy. i know i am.

i agree with you that it is probably more more than £750 to someone, so if you can park it up or lend it out and are ok with 'banking' that money, wait a while and it'll certainly sell. you know what we are all like though, we all want a bargain so ebay is your best bet for a high sale price (factor in the fees). good luck!

Yes, more photos, better description etc.

For a 1992 game that has pretty good game reviews, it should get more than £750, especially with tatty TAF's going for £3.5k!

I read some reviews and if I had more space it seems a great game just to enjoy for 6 months and then move it on.

'Holy Cow, seriously?

The price for these machines is way under the mark..

Maybe I'm biased since I'm a 80's kid, and I still love 80's classic Nintendo games.

It seems like a pinball version of what would have made a really awesome nintendo game.

The music is very lively and goes amazing with the theme

The artwork is very dashing and reminds me of the artwork you saw on the classic 80's video games boxes.. you know the kind where it makes you buy the old video game, and you plug it in and it's nothing like the boxes. :)

The sound wow.. the speech this game has, it has a ton, and you can understand what it's saying even! I haven't counted words, but after having owned a Star Trek The Next Generation I would almost venture to say it has more spoken dialogue than STTNG. (speech games get big bonus points from me) Especially in this game where it isn't a trinket, your commander comes on occasionally telling you what shots to make, and to stay focused and other things. Makes you feel like you are really part of an important mission from coining up until the final mission debrief.

The playfield, WOW so many shots from each flipper, and bringing timing into the mix on top of that. Not for the faint of heart when you start running out of fuel!

The plastics, holy cow, 3D flipper plastics, and most of the plastics in the game are 3D. Like red mountains and what not, really slick looking I'm super impressed.

I'm guessing more people aren't rating it higher because they are busy complaining saying "it's too hard, or the sound is cheesy/dated, the power plant is slow". Really? Snob much? I think the Power Plant shot is a great tension builder, as you're like "come on, come on.... flipper trigger ready.. BAM"

Buy one, and enjoy one of the fastest, well designed, in it for the long haul pinball games of the late 20th century for years to come! Pass it down to your great grandchildren and beyond!!!!

This review was neither sponsored or endorsed by Gottlieb or any Gottlieb Licensing partners and reflects the views of the submitter only.

You know, back in "the" day, Op Thunder was a £25 game..... had one in for repair this week, think its still worth the same!

Any one else get the feeling Replay really likes Operation Thunder?
Ha ha!
It was a review taken from IPBD. Was just looking around to see what others thought of it. Never played it!

Phil was never a gottlieb fan , well not post haunted house anyway. still have that cactus jacks you couldn't bear to even leave the van. and that was less than £25.

I think £750 is a fair price i wouldent pay that and no i did not put a silly bid in
i think bin priced stuff on e bay is not selling as newbies are not sure of the true value so dont want to offend with silly offers or give you stupid offers
99p stuff seems to be shifting for good money as people always like a bid and will sell for its true value

Courtney, I have some spare used Gottlieb flipper bats (the plastic bits) if you want a couple, just PM me your address and I will stick them in the post. Matt.

Matt, first Hi because I'm a new member. If all goes to plan I hope to be the lucky new owner. Could I perhaps accept your offer of those bats?

I know I'm being cheeky but it's a Christmas present for my wife and I'd love it to be as perfect as possible.

Back
Top Bottom