What's new

Found it! One hell of a collection

domlouis

Registered
So I have found this guy who is retiring and moving house and selling his entire pinball collection. According to him, he is selling at cost .... of 10 years ago for a quick sale!!!! He'd ideally like to sell as one lot (easier).

And this is his collection:

CC
MM (what I am after, hands off)
CV
FH
IJ (Williams)
MB
BoP
AC/DC BIB
AFM

Now this isn't in this country, it is in France but not too far from us so they could all fit inside a lorry (does Martin go to France???), and at the moment, i have no idea of how much he wants for it all. I have emailed him and waiting for him to get back to me. And being a collector, he probably paid good money for them, even 10 years ago so let's wait and see.

Anyway I thought we could possibly team up to buy all these machines and make plenty of people happy. So i guess I am seeking potential buyers for all these machines (except MM!!!!!!!!!!). Anybody interested???

I'll update the thread if/when i get to hear from him.

MB Please, if a nice one.... edit seems to be taken above

AC/DC please

Impressive collection, too slow for the MB, possibly the CC for me, my guess is he will be looking at around £35k+ for the lot

CV, but would need further details, naturally, and assuming we're really talking prices from 10yrs ago - which just doesn't sound right!

As per comments above re: condition, how genuine it is and actual price then could be very interested in the FH.

Depending on location and timing might be able to assist with collection of some with one of company vans

Good point about the AC/DC David. I should have made it clear that the advert explains that the AC/DC was bought three years ago and again he says he is selling it at cost.

Not wanting to get carried away with this, i have started a spreadsheet showing who would like what, in the order in which you replied to the thread.
Now just need to confirm that seller is legit, pay him, collect and job done!

Joke aside, others have teamed up and bought together in the past, so there might be words of wisdom from them.

Spandangler you are my hero - all machines now accounted for with up to 5 potential buyers for some.

Just need this to be real now. Come on seller, pick up your email and respond to me - there is no other means to contact him on the advert - but the advert was only posted this morning.

A word of caution. If it sounds too good to be true........

Fingers crossed it works out. Could do with a French contact who could go to seller's house to verify etc.

If this was public advert he will have offers from those who have the transport and funds to move now. some bulk deals take months of planning like the duke of Lancaster but most it's usually first to turn up with the readies.

If this was public advert he will have offers from those who have the transport and funds to move now. some bulk deals take months of planning like the duke of Lancaster but most it's usually first to turn up with the readies.
True.
Best way to make it work if prices are really 2006, is hire a lorry, get a bank loan ( cash ) and go tomorrow:)

You might be right. But we can but dream. You probably know more than i do about this.
I agree with the estimate of 35k, about 4k per title. It is still a large amount of dosh for someone to find at short notice.

@domlouis

Thanks for sharing this.

Putting my boring head on though, great care is needed here. Just looking at those titles and applying a really crude ballpark estimate ..

CC 5k
MM 5k
CV 4k
FH 2k
IJ (Williams) 3k
MB 4k
BoP 1k
AC/DC BIB 5k
AFM 4k

There is around 30k of pinballs here.

SCAM ALERT.

To hand over 30k, send a delivery driver and hope the games turn up is a massive risk.

To charge one forum member with the responsibility of taking 30k and dealing with this lot is also a huge ask.

Finding someone with 30k of liquidity to act as principal and break this lot up could be tricky.

One option would be for something like 3 sets of 2 guys to go down with vans. Time gap between each of a couple of hours (cook a story up why - say going to different parts of the uk or whatever). This breaks this up into a far less risky endeavour. 9 envelopes full of cash, hand over each envelope as the relevant game leaves the house. Buy the cheap games first so the money at risk is modest

Reactions: ski
Back
Top Bottom