What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One for the coders / devs

That WPC emulator is super useful for recording DMD animations ("DMD Dump" button top right) to import and colour in Pin2DMD Editor :thumbs:

Other than being useful for Pin2dmd what is the purpose of this site?

I'm sure most of us developers here will agree that coding itself is a form of art, and taken to the nth level there is a whole demoscene culture that pushes the boundaries of what is possible. This is a recent demo coded entirely in javascript, so runs in realtime in any modern browser (including mobile phones if beefy enough) ...

https://kebby.org/aphelion/

I'm sure most of us developers here will agree that coding itself is a form of art, and taken to the nth level there is a whole demoscene culture that pushes the boundaries of what is possible. This is a recent demo coded entirely in javascript, so runs in realtime in any modern browser (including mobile phones if beefy enough) ...

https://kebby.org/aphelion/

Thanks for sharing that! Amazing!! Takes me right back to the happy days of watching demos on my C64 and then the Amiga...

Sure, I would love to share what's going on ;) I always wanted ton create an emulator because I think this is an interesting/black magic topic. I started with an NES emu but lost interest because there are already ton's of emu's out there. It happens that I was in front of a pinball machine (the bad hurricane - thats why this is the default game :)) and then I knew what I want to emulate.
Once I had a more or less working version I realized that an Emulator has tons of interesting real time data - first I used this as debug data but then I thought that I should use this data as eye candy. On evening I was watching Oblivion and really liked the UI - i started to rework the UI and the result is visible on playfield.dev. The focus for the UI was more the "entertaining"/nice to look at part.
The consequent next step is the Concealed Art project - where the goal is to show the hidden beauty of those retro machines. I just started with the project but I guess there are a lot of interesting ways to represent the internal working!

Hope that answers your question - happy to answer more questions!

Some links:
cheers

@neophob welcome to the forum :thumbs:

What is the relevance of 16.7 seconds on your RAM visualisation art?

>What is the relevance of 16.7 seconds on your RAM visualisation art?

I choose this time because the output diagram looks interesting enough for *some* games. In fact it was a try and error to see what works (time) for which games.

OffTopic: if you like weird, pinball related twitter bots: https://twitter.com/WPCPinball

Small update - I just added Congo and Jack Bot DMD art prints today.
Another important note: The art prints are officially licensed by Bally/Williams - no shady business here btw ;)

Back
Top Bottom