What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One arm bandit restoration

Bluejools

Registered
Hi All

Is there anyone on here who restores or knows someone who restores one arm bandits.

I'm interested in understanding how much/how long a process might take.

I'm in Hertfordshire so localish would be nice

Thanks
Jools

I have some manuals available.

It might help others to help you if you were more specific about make/era/em/electric etc.

1614372424990.png

Bally used that name on various models from 1960 into the '70s.

I have manuals for some of the Bally bandits of the era. Having the model number would help. I know I have a manual for model 742A and another entitled, three reel slots and another for Las Vegas and more. Parts can be hard to get because, unlike pinball machines, their sale was very heavily regulated in the USA and you couldn't walk in off the street with a shopping list. Having said that parts for that age of game are probably not regulated today.

Well. Now I wish I had that version.....but mine isn't that one.........perhaps its not bally will look

Where am I likely to find model number?

Only three reels

Give us a pic @Bluejools

Similarly to Gary i have several Manuals for multiple machines....

I have around 5 or 6 in the "resto" pile that need to be worked through... might get to those around 2030 once i have current projects out the way :D

First question i would have... Do the reels match the top glass?? (Looking, i cannot see any "lucky Twin" on the reels.

Unfortunately, old practice would have been to stick it on the "floor"... and if the reels went faulty, they would be removed to the workshop to fix... and in the meantime they would shove another set of reels in there to keep it earning...

Do you have a close up of the front chroming? Thats the expensive bit, and unfortunately it is usually the bit in the worst state of repair.

It is a bally by the looks of things.. here's one with a top box : http://www.elephanthouseauctions.com/details.php?lot=25324&type=A

As can be seen, not worth masses, however a nice thing to have.

Is it all working?

Back
Top Bottom