What's new

Oktoberfest??

I don't know, I think that it could be a fun original theme if done well. Then again, I didn't think Houdini was done that well, although admittedly I'm yet to play one...

Will it come with these as standard or only with the LE?

pbl-100-0011-00-1_400x300.jpg

I don't think it's a great theme but I may be proved wrong. I posted on pinside that I didn't think it was 'family friendly' and people went nuts at me. Everyone slating me saying its great and a wonderful place to take the family (of course by people that have never been). Well I have and it's not somewhere I'd take my kids. It's total carnage in the evenings with p*ssed people falling everywhere. Not sure how the theme will work but fingers crossed that it may be OK.

I too was really looking forward to play Houdini as it looked great and I liked the theme. The problem came when I played it. Just not good (well for me anyway).

Love love love that show.

Ron Swanson is a God [emoji16]

I'm 32 and Ron Swanson is still what I want to be when I grow up. Easily my favourite all time show - it's just brilliantly clever and perfectly light hearted. I've day dreamed about a P&R machine for years now.

I don't think it's a great theme but I may be proved wrong. I posted on pinside that I didn't think it was 'family friendly' and people went nuts at me. Everyone slating me saying its great and a wonderful place to take the family (of course by people that have never been). Well I have and it's not somewhere I'd take my kids. It's total carnage in the evenings with p*ssed people falling everywhere. Not sure how the theme will work but fingers crossed that it may be OK.

I too was really looking forward to play Houdini as it looked great and I liked the theme. The problem came when I played it. Just not good (well for me anyway).

Very odd choice of theme from a us company if you ask me unless they are trying to do some sort of tapper (arcade) type thing, or they all go for a ‘team building’ event over there every year and have lost it, ha ha ha

I want to see Animal House . The saving grace on Party Animal is the Louie Louie sound track and it would be nice to here it return on the soundtrack on a modern pin

I think they will have the game at expo! Let’s hope it’s better than Houdini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well Houdini v The Mafia at Pinfest I came back for more mafia, but who gives a flying f really about theme. GB should be sat in my pinshed right now by that logic, but I have a TWD instead because as a them I’m 100% behind it but as a game personally, I just don’t get on with it. By the very same standard (i.e. if theme really mattered) I’d have a Stern SW over an IMDN but i can tell you I could probably walk from a £1,800 SW if a caveat was I had to keep it forever, over saving for a 5K IMDN.

Unfortunately (as I said, GB and SW don’t do enough for me and I wish they did) theme only enhances a great pinballmachine, it doesn’t make it and this might be a great pinball machine.

Last edited:
Here is the art! As is the way recently, leaked a week too early.

48a0f77b1ce4513a198d991a9bc235b60da657ff.png.jpg93b1e39e1956f9ca466163e03ce60e73be0849f0.png.jpgd600eaf40289b26e22ecc79052038280670df970.png.jpg

Well Houdini v The Mafia at Pinfest I came back for more mafia, but who gives a flying f really about theme. GB should be sat in my pinshed right now by that logic, but I have a TWD instead because as a them I’m 100% behind it but as a game personally, I just don’t get on with it. By the very same standard (i.e. if theme really mattered) I’d have a Stern SW over an IMDN but i can tell you I could probably walk from a £1,800 SW if a caveat was I had to keep it forever, over saving for a 5K IMDN.

Unfortunately (as I said, GB and SW don’t do enough for me and I wish they did) theme only enhances a great pinballmachine, it doesn’t make it and this might be a great pinball machine.

But a bad theme can also destroy a games appeal to. It doesn’t take a genius to work out you limit your appeal with a theme like this out of the gate. A ‘playboy’ game could be the best game in the world but who wants one of those in your living room?

But a bad theme can also destroy a games appeal to. It doesn’t take a genius to work out you limit your appeal with a theme like this out of the gate. A ‘playboy’ game could be the best game in the world but who wants one of those in your living room?

Agreed it will limit the appeal - what’s really done it for me is that artwork, looks like early 2000’s Theme Hospital era graphics. Still, let’s see...

I don't get it.

Why start a pinball company that is minimum $1000000 to set up and then make a game with a questionable theme and dodgy artwork?

Don't these guys do any consumer research?

Stern will remain number 1 game in town for sometime yet.

It might be fun to play, with some sort of extra game in the game.

Maybe they are targeting barcades?

b43458c89461485d2da558c772d20e5c2cc9580c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom