What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oktoberfest To Land In The U.K.

J

James

The latest game from American Pinball Oktoberfest, is set to hit the U.K. market thanks to U.K. distributor Pinball Heaven – priced at the princely sum of £7,495 the price point sits between a new in box Stern Pro and Premium, with just one model available.

• Oktoberfest-Flyer-1.png
  • OktoberFest-Flyer-2.png

The game certainly is bright and appealing when looking at the playfield, and the theme is a great original, which is a great addition in my eyes to the pinball sphere. Stern do a great job in putting out top games in my eyes, but it is always based off of a well known theme, think of some of the absolute greats of pinball that haven’t had a licence propping it up – Attack From Mars and Medieval Madness of course instantly spring to mind. The game looks fun and what I assume is an early version of the code can be seen played here in a video hosted by Jack Danger coincidentally in October of last year.

As the pictures show the playfield is incredibly bright and seems quite loaded – it’s a mode based game also, and whilst it seems odd to say this is in keeping with a style, as American Pinball have only previously released Houdini, the artwork and animation… well are in that style. If not just more cartoon like and absurd.

The playfield features:

• Multiple wire-form ramps including the Awesome Corkscrew Roller Coaster, with twin loops and a zig zag
  • Rollercoaster Shack & Beer Barrel 3-ball lock mechanisms
  • RGB lighting for both feature inserts and general playfield illumination
  • Otto the Bartender – Interactive target and ball lock assembly
  • Three flippers
  • Three bumper car pop bumpers
  • Three slingshots
  • Four magnets, two of which are player-controlled via MagNab the cabinet button
  • Ramp that raises and lowers
  • oktoberfest-pinball-game_0585.jpg
  • oktoberfest-pinball-game_0583.jpg
  • oktoberfest-pinball-game_0582.jpg

Whilst some would say this is the obvious and lazy appraisal, I think this game would be a heck of a lot of fun on site, especially in a craft brew pub and with a few friends playing and the beers flowing, it certainly looks to have the fun factor sewn up. Will it stack up in a home use environment, I am not so sure, I get Road Show vibes from the game, a game I am personally not so fond of, but as they always say, the proof is in the pudding. Will we see Oktoberfest at Pinfest this year? Time will tell, but it certainly will prove out whether this game, beers and good laughs make a perfect mix.

What are your thoughts on Oktoberfest? Will you be buying one? Comments are open and welcome below.

Continue reading...

Made it onto the leaderboards though I expect that won't last too long as the tournament runs for a month.

I tried it, but unfortunately it was completely unplayable for me. Every time I hit to flip, there was ~.5 second delay, and they flipper would stay raised for around 5 seconds, then randomly release

Delay was difficult but not absolutely impossible, partly helps that the scoop to start modes isn't that hard to hit. I plugged in an ethernet cable rather than relying on wi-fi and that helps a bit. Never had the flipper stay stuck up so don't know why that would have happened.

Have a go with the SumoBots, they work really well and don't get significant delays since precise timing on that is less important. Absolutely incredible what they have achieved with that. Think of it like multiplayer robot wars, just without the weapons (other than pushing).

They also have racing cars, but I haven't tried that yet.

Back
Top Bottom