What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Oct 19, 2014] The 'Not Another Birthday Tournament' Tournament (Salisbury)

Big thanks to Pete for organising this event. It was my first visit to SWL and it's got to be the best line-up of tables in the UK! -- shame it's so bl00dy far for me to drive (3 1/2 hrs home)

(let me know if you're selling your T2...)

thanks for putting on todays event and a pleasure to meet you all again!
x

Thanks Peter for me too - great day & great fun (and an extra special thanks for letting me beat you on the first game;) - didn't take long to return to 'situation normal' in later games though:(:D) . Hope you had time to enjoy your 'birthday treat' - looked like lots of hard work on your part!

Thanks also to @ianw for the list there and back - great to meet him and trophy winner Dan!:clap::clap:

A very big thank you for all those that attened and supported the event, it was much appreciated. I think everyone had a blast and the head to head involving everyone proved to be a popular format.

Congratulations to Andrew Wilson on his maiden win... :clap: Also to Dan (best Junior) and Emma (best lady).

The final Results are as follows (number after the name is the number of wins):

1 Andrew Wilson (@dragon2000 ) 13
2 Craig Pullen (@roadshow16 ) 12
3 Greg Mott (@robotgreg ) 12
4 Peter Blakemore (@Moonraker ) 12
5 Philip Mann 12
6= Ian Wallace (@ianw ) 11
6= Ivan Miles (@IvanM ) 11
6= Lukasz Romanowski (@Lukasz Romanowski ) 11
9 David Mainwaring (@alchy ) 10
10= Emma Oliver 9
10= Eric Fisher 9
10= James Watson 9
10= Neil Fellender (@Fishbulb ) 9
10= Nick Hill 9
10= Rowan Salger 9
16= Andrew Shillabeer 8
16= Dave Willcox (@PinballDaze ) 8
16= Matt Vince (@Matt Vince ) 8
16= Mike Kindler 8
16= Oscar Evrenos 8
21= Bettina Mitchell 7
21= Helmut Langenbruch 7
21= Levi Banks 7
21= Nick Baxter-Sibey (@Nickbs ) 7
21= Thomas Evrenos 7
26 Tim Slow 6
27= Justin Walker 5
27= Karl Lichman 5
27= Michael Addis (@Michael J ) 5
30 Dan Wallace 4
30= Kevin Donovan (@kevlar ) 4
30= Matti Beramsingh (@Matti B ) 4
30= Moira Ross 4
34 Joy Sodsai 2

In the side competition:
1 Thomas Evrenos
2 Philip Mann
3 Matt Vince
4 Greg Mott
5 Craig Pullen
6 Helmut Langenbruch
7 Mike Kindler
8 Nick Hill
9 James Watson
10 Lukasz Romanowski
11 Michael Addis
12 Neil Fellender
13 Rowan Salger
14 Matti Beramsingh
15 Oscar Evrenos
16 David Mainwaring
17 Nick Baxter-Sibey
18 Moira Ross
19 Andrew Shillabeer
20 Karl Lichman
21 Peter Blakemore
22 Ivan Miles
23 Kevin Donovan
24 Bettina Mitchell
25 Eric Fisher
26 Tim Slow
27 Levi Banks
28 Dave Willcox
29 Emma Oliver
30 Ian Wallace
31 Joy Sodsai
32 Justin Walker
33 Dan Wallace
34 Andrew Wilson

Last edited:
Many thanks to Peter and Moira for hosting, it was a great day and certainly an interesting format. I only wish I could have been there from the start!

Also, I thought we had a playoff for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th? :)

That was just to see who won the 2nd and 3rd place trophies. Above is the official finishing positions/places, otherwise it would only be fair to everyone by playing off all the other equalled places...

Your joking right?

If you are serious, that is a complete farce.

What other competition do you know of around Europe, has a playoff for the top places, and then doesn't award those places to those people? Every other competition of a similar format has = places for those further down the results, but like we did yesterday have a playoff for the top positions, and awards those positions.

I'm pretty sure if you asked anyone yesterday what the results were, and the fair outcomes, they would be happy to tell you the results. And I'm pretty sure everyone else in that playoff would also agree.

I hope this gets sorted, in my opinion it's only fair

Amended to read 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th seeing as it wasn't explicitly stated in writing anywhere that the play off would be for trophies... :rolleyes:

A brilliant event! It is a fantastic format as you are guaranteed a long time playing pinball, rather than being knocked out early on.

Shame Black Knight died during practice. Such a great lineup/variety of machine. One minute playing X-Men, the next Pink Panther! Just like a mini Pinburgh.

Thank you everyone who made it a great event. Was so happy to have my first ever win :D

Again next year?

Gonna be a bit of a delay getting the WPPR points awarded coz their website is down and I need player numbers before I can submit the results. :sad:

First, second and third place trophies:

DSC_0049.jpg

Best lady, best junior and first place cup for the high score side competition in the middle.

DSC_0047.jpg

Got Black Knight working again. It was just a replacement coil on one of the upper drop target banks. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom