What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Oct 18, 2015] Arcade Club Pinball League (Lancashire)

Carl Spiby

Registered
I'm pleased to announce a new local Northern league at Arcade Club which will run after the conclusion of the regional Northern League.

The first meet will be held on Sunday 26th July at Arcade Club, Haslingden, Lancashire. This will be a monthly event which will take us up to December, the best 4 of the 6 events will decide your final placing in the league at the close of the season.

The event is IFPA sanctioned so WPPR points are available.

Pending repairs on Jungle Lord and Fireball, the machine list is as follows:

Metallica
Addams Family
Twilight Zone
White Water
Judge Dredd
Scared Stiff
Blackout
Revenge from Mars
Jungle Lord
Class of 1812
Fireball
STTNG
Centaur

People are welcome to bring along their own machines as well as long as we are given fair notice in advance.

The cost will be £10, this will give you full access to the venue and the 80+ video games, everything is naturally on freeplay, cold food will be provided in the form of sandwiches, sausage rolls etc, unlimited tea/coffee/squash will also be provided.

Practice starts at 11am with league play beginning at 1:00pm

Last edited:
Will all of those pins be at the club permanently, or just for the competition days?

Sounds good Carl, except I'm away on the 26th. :mad: Will try make the others though.

Same, away on 26th. Good on you for starting this up though. Can see it being popular.

Woah, nice :)

Might be tempted to grab a few friends and make the trip over one Saturday night. It's a bit of a drive but sounds like it'd be well worth it.

Don't forget about this one folks! Lets have a good start to the league on Sunday :thumbs:

The real question is who will finish 2nd to Andy? :rofl:

The machines are as follows (Subject to availability):

Addams Family
Blackout
Class of 1812
Congo
Judge Dredd
Jungle Lord
Metallica
Revenge from Mars
Scared Stiff
Twilight Zone
Whitewater
X-Men

What is the format pls, is it like the league where you play 8 or so games; or is it knockout ?

Here are today's results:

1st Garry Speight
2nd Andrew Foster
3rd Carl Spiby
4th David Burdon
5th Eddie Lehan
6th David Dutton
= 7th David Dodds
= 7th Tom Fletcher
9th Paul Owen
10th Wesley Hoyle
= 11th Roger Valentine
= 11th Ian Walmsley
13th John Gray
14th Rich Hopkins
15th Gillian Tattersall

Well done to everyone who participated. The full breakdown is attached as a PDF.

The next league meet is 16th August. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

• Results.pdf
    78.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi,

I'm going to arcade club for first time tonight and just wondered if anyone had any advice on parking, will I find some if i just follow post code in sat nav?

Cheers
Gringo

Street parking is a doddle. The venue is on the fringes of where a small industrial estate meets a residential area. They just ask that you park on the industrial end of the street.

Also as its weekend you can drive round the back and park in the area round there rather than the crowded street.

Thanks for pointers,

As it's a Saturday night I've gotta ask, what's the beer situation - any for sale or can you bring some along??

No beer for sale at the venue, Andy has never had an issue with people bringing beers in though.

I'll be there from 4, come and say hi if you want, will be wearing obligatory pinball related shirt :)

Went to arcade club for the first time last night and had a really great time - for anyone thinking about going I would strongly recommend it, pins are all a credit to those that maintain them and the people are really friendly too.

Next league meet is this coming Sunday (16th). Same times and line up as before although 1812 has been dropped.

Hopefully see familiar and some new faces this weekend! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom