What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Occasional blank page

Durzel

Registered
Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it's the only website I currently have it happening on, but sometimes when I go to http://www.pinballinfo.com I get a blank white page. It's as if no data is being loaded at all (I get a normal HTTP 200 status code).

Anyway just thought I'd pass it along in case you wanted to check the logs :) I had it happen twice a couple of minutes ago, and simply refreshing the page fixed it.

ooh ok - Thanks for the headsup @Durzel

Just checked the logs - nothing obvious at the moment.... Is anyone else having this problem please??

Cheers
Paul

I was having a similar issue a while ago on my Mac (Safari) where i would type in the url and nothing could load too but it seems to be ok now, I haven't made any changes to my machine other than perhaps clearing cache.

I'm using Firefox (also on a Mac) for what it's worth - so not a common browser there.

It doesn't happen often, but enough that I've remembered it being "a thing". Basically, the worst kind of bug. :(

I managed to get it to do it a minute ago with the web developer tools open, and it showed me that the response was simply empty (0 bytes) but that the HTTP status code was 200 (OK). Normally when I see a completely blank page it's because there has been an internal server error.

Just had to refresh 3 times to get the page loaded. The only resource it loaded was favicon.ico..

Screenshot 2018-10-18 14.24.27.png

Pretty sure this isn't a problem with the website now, as I have experienced the exact same behaviour on several other websites at different times. Probably some combination of browser addon or local network issue.

Never have a problem and it is fair to say that i look at it very regularly! (once every ... 5 min?)

Pretty sure this isn't a problem with the website now, as I have experienced the exact same behaviour on several other websites at different times. Probably some combination of browser addon or local network issue.

This. My Lumia phone does this regularly on various sites.

Phew!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom