What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now we know what we are looking for......

Longbow

Registered
Hi all,

After some fantastic help from two very knowledgeable members on this forum, my wife now knows what sort of machine she would have been playing in the arcades as a kid.
We are looking for a 1960's 'little flipper' pinball.
Appreciate this may be a nichè area for machine collectors, just wondering if there is anyone out there with such an era pinball for sale.......
Dont mind a bit of a drive for the right machine, but must be in good usable condition with a nice cabinet

Thanks

Tim

I think you probably need to understand first of all that collecting pinball machines is very niche in itself. Collecting EM’s is a niche within a niche. Sourcing a specific machine like that is going to be near impossible (of course someone will offer you one the minute I post this). Just buy a machine, enjoy it, if your super favourite niche machine comes up buy that sell the other.

I think you probably need to understand first of all that collecting pinball machines is very niche in itself. Collecting EM’s is a niche within a niche. Sourcing a specific machine like that is going to be near impossible (of course someone will offer you one the minute I post this). Just buy a machine, enjoy it, if your super favourite niche machine comes up buy that sell the other.

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!

Hi Tim

1592721534244.jpeg
Are you 100% sure on the name. I had a look on IPDB and couldn’t see anything on “little flipper”. There was this one though.

Nothings registered on pinballowners.com

Google searches are going to be hard given the European name for pinball is “flipper”

Good luck with your search. There will be some out there somewhere in someone’s garage But it’s going to be a challenge locating it.

might be worth contacting Sean at a Pinball Palace as he’s more connected to the EM scene than a lot of us here.

Just digging around a bit more. “Little Chief” is a far more common title. However it’s 70s not 60s, so may well not be what you are looking for.

Might be worth searching on IPDB for all the “little” games just to 100% check the name is correct and then cross referencing with pinball owners.

Hi Tim

View attachment 111305
Are you 100% sure on the name. I had a look on IPDB and couldn’t see anything on “little flipper”. There was this one though.

Nothings registered on pinballowners.com

Google searches are going to be hard given the European name for pinball is “flipper”

Good luck with your search. There will be some out there somewhere in someone’s garage But it’s going to be a challenge locating it.

might be worth contacting Sean at a Pinball Palace as he’s more connected to the EM scene than a lot of us here.

Apologies for the mix up, but I was referring to the actual size of the flipper on the machine itself, which changed in size around the late 60's
Tim

Gottlieb games with the 2 inch flippers from 1961 - 1967 were some of the best em's produced.

After 1967 quality went down hill.

Plenty out there - just need patience and a bit of knowledge so you buy right condition/right price.

Here are a few titles that are great fun to play.

Gigi
Slick Chick
Sky Line
Crosstown
Melody
Sing Along
Ice Revue
World Fair
Buckaroo
Cowpoke
Central Park
North Star
Cover Girl

Find one of these in decent condition and you will have a lot of fun - all of them will get you hitting that start button over and over again.

Research here for more info on titles.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

Sorry. My mistake. The good news is if it’s not a specific machine then it’s going t9 be a lot easier to get one.

might be worth asking Matt Vince what he has for sale.

Gottlieb games with the 2 inch flippers from 1961 - 1967 were some of the best em's produced.

After 1967 quality went down hill.

Plenty out there - just need patience and a bit of knowledge so you buy right condition/right price.

Here are a few titles that are great fun to play.

Gigi
Slick Chick
Sky Line
Crosstown
Melody
Sing Along
Ice Revue
World Fair
Buckaroo
Cowpoke
Central Park
North Star
Cover Girl

Find one of these in decent condition and you will have a lot of fun - all of them will get you hitting that start button over and over again.

Research here for more info on titles.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

Thanks very much for the list, very helpful.
Certainly give me something to research now I know what Angie is looking for.
Cheers :)

Sorry. My mistake. The good news is if it’s not a specific machine then it’s going t9 be a lot easier to get one.

might be worth asking Matt Vince what he has for sale.

My fault John, always hard when you dont know what you're asking for.
Appreciate the comment
Cheers :)

Yes, Harpenden is near me. In normal times I would offer to go look at it for you but these are not normal times.

When I got into pinball, a friend kept telling me he had a machine in the house as a kid. I said we can probably work out what it was if he could remember some details. He could only remember the name which he pronounced as Ball-lee. I showed him how Bally was spelt and he said that was the machine... We dug a little deeper and eventually he remembered a rather useful detail. It has Elton John on it. Captain fantastic.

I have a 1969 Gottlieb Road Race that will be up for sale at some point this year hopefully which is of the small flipper era. Here's the partial shop log for it if you want to take a look. Everything on the playfiled is brand new and all of the mechs inside were hand polished to an inch of their life. Will be carrying on with it once I've finished my current restoration https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-road-race-1969.42986/

I have a 1969 Gottlieb Road Race that will be up for sale at some point this year hopefully which is of the small flipper era. Here's the partial shop log for it if you want to take a look. Everything on the playfiled is brand new and all of the mechs inside were hand polished to an inch of their life. Will be carrying on with it once I've finished my current restoration https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gottlieb-road-race-1969.42986/

Message sent

Back
Top Bottom