What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Novus 1 Equivalent

astyy

Play Flipper Games for Fun and Recreation
Alias
Dont be nosey :-)
I'm out of Novus 1 and have heard comments that 'it's just a cleaner' and similar.

What would be an off the shelf equivalent?

I wouldn't use Pledge or Mr Sheen myself, at least not on the playfield. They both contain silicone which stops clearcoat adhering properly if you ever want to do it.

I would hope that you would wipe the playfield down with IPA if you were ever going to clear coat it, also you have no idea what the previous owner(s) have used.

Yea its true that you never know what's happened to a machine with previous owners, I just don't like adding to a potential problem. I've clearcoated a playfield and didn't have a problem. The thing with silicone is its near impossible to remove it all, even with IPA and panel wipe. There's plenty of other products available to clean playfields which work well.

I don't find the spray polishes quite the same even the multi-surface ones a bit waxy, Novus #1 seems more like a cleaner, perhaps I'll buy some more as I like it :)

Back
Top Bottom