What's new

Sold Not by me! Fish tales project

Tony

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony
Strange one this!
A fish tales was on gumtree a couple of weeks back, I sent the guy a message and he never came back to me so I assumed it had gone!
Out of the blue today he sends me a message saying he's got another one!
He says its fully working? And when I ask for some pictures he sends me these
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It looks to have seen better days but he's only talking about £575 for it? & in his words not mine when I ask him if it's been kept outside he says "no just delivered from ķ need cosmetic work but full working"
I ask him for a video and he sends me this
http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...6/?temp_hash=1902fb7d2466e15797c03131f158cd0a

Poor quality but there might be something going on on the DMD? And there is a bong?

His last advert on gumtree was Basildon way here's his number 07445561777 his name is kris.

I just want to point out I don't know this guy or the machine but if anyone's that way "might" be worth a shout

Attachments

• trim.888D254A-7294-4D02-BD4D-CDCB4B462390.MOV
    260.2 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: DRD
ok for price. playfield the key. faults can be fixed . cab can be fixed . however as I have found out its needs the fish and that can cost / be unobtainium. someone local should be able to snag for £500

As Steve says - All down to Playfield condition, and if Ramps are reasonable and complete (esp the caster). Good price if they are reasonable tho..... If i was closer i would go along and see, since the video is crap and cant make out a thing!

Been having a text conversation he'd take £475, but seems to think it would be worth £2500 finished? Might be worth a look if your local, but with all these things please be cautious

Of course boards can be fixed but let's be sensible here..

If the CPU is toasted by battery damage your looking at around £150 for a new one. Then there's the dmd and dmd driver board. If the dmd is gassed out then it's £180 for a new one or an LED display. If dmd driver has data fault or power side is hosed then it's bin time and a new one needed another £60 to £80

Driver board normally repairable but often have hacks or bad repairs and will cost. As an example, Me to fix one £75

Sound board normally pretty reliable but can have interface and data issues or amp faults again another £75 potentially to sort

So a cheap game on the face of it can be electronically tired even though it is repairable. Of course everything may be ok but you should check the electronic condition carefully

Just my view from a lifetime of sorting out and fixing games :)

Thanks to @Tony for sharing.

I say this expecting a backlash, but look at the photo's backdrop.

My broken fishy came from a dead man's estate with boat business, huge house, proper games room, full sized snooker table, antiques everywhere

The backdrop of this one is outdoors, tyres, old scrapper ford, double cooker

Now it might be ok. But as a betting man that is not worth much of a drive' especially not from sheff

That looks like a tarp game, with said tarp in shot - @Spandangler ?

My fishy is finished and is available for £2,500 !!!

I'm sure it is!!!!!
What's a reasonable/good fish tales worth? About £1250?

They are usually faded to hell.

Key things are the fish topper, topper casement, proper caster start button, playfield condition. Was a top 5 selling wpc game so plenty of spares available

I paid 1,200 for mine

as it drops towards £400 its worth more in parts. rod handle alone is £50+ at £475 its on the line for a local to get in check out the boards then decide if economical repair. Without a fish a FT will stuggle above £1k so this could be a money pit.

My tuppence :eek:

A minty original home use only could command north of £2k

A restored original redcaled etc.. Up to £2k

Standard working with topper bit of wear £1000-£1200

daft question but have you asked him if he has anymore £475 project pins LOL Some games in this state would be bargain of the year!

Back
Top Bottom