What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Lights at Play Expo Manchester. Official machine pledges.

HI,
I notice that there has been a lot of new members of late, including myself. I hope i am asking questions on behalf of us new folk.
I have not attended one of these meets before and have a 2 hour drive so “queuing” at pay at the door is concerning, on past shows what are we looking at?
Parking? On site, payable?
Should one want to buy a machine at the show, does one have to wait till the end on Sunday, or can it be wheeled off as a deal is done say on Saturday?
I hope my questions are relevant,
Thanks, Tom

HI,
I notice that there has been a lot of new members of late, including myself. I hope i am asking questions on behalf of us new folk.
I have not attended one of these meets before and have a 2 hour drive so “queuing” at pay at the door is concerning, on past shows what are we looking at?
Should one want to buy a machine at the show, does one have to wait till the end on Sunday, or can it be wheeled off as a deal is done say on Saturday?
Thanks, Tom

Plenty of onsite parking and overspill car park nearby. Don't worry about the queue, it will be absolutely huge, looks like its going to take all day to get in but it moves fast. Pretty sure no machine movements allowed during public hours but I'm sure I've seen a machine leave at end of day on Saturday, probably during the lock in.

HI,
Thanks, Tom

Oh , what is typical attendance over the 2 days?
I might as well ask how long has this NLP event been running?
Ta

****, sorry WiFi crash

That's a relief thought you were morphing in to sarah holmes then, getting irate if you don't receive an immediate reply :D:p:eek:

16/20,000 over two days has been mentioned previously?

Loads of free car parking on site

pre-booked tickets get 10 am entry, cash on the door queue starts moving at 11am?

At this venue 4/5 years?

HI,
Thanks, Tom

If ya buy a machine it has to stay there till the end
@chris b has some for sale
parking is free - but it's a public show it will be busy so q's n traffic is gonna happen - sorry - out our hands

If ya aint a ticket now you cannot buy from nlp anymore - ya can from play expo site

if ya have a ticket you can enter before 11 ferom 10 if at front of q - if pay on the door you cannot enter untill 11
i believe they scan the tickets whilst u r in q and then get given a band - lucky I do not have to :thumbs:

All very clear, thank you for your replies, i actually thought it was just NLP and when you said 16/20,000 visitors I thought, not enough machines.

Hurrah. Got green light this morning to go. Bought tickets from play expo. See you on sunday. Can't wait.

Ah but then it just becomes a volume battle :D

I'd kindly request that pin loaners enable SLOW RESTART, so that you can reset games to single player by holding in the start button. Nothing more annoying than having to plunge through a four player game (and don't want to be power-cycling machines too often really).

The most annoying thing ever!

I've also set my WPT to timed plunge, so no balls sat in the shooter lane.

Was going to do it for games in the comp, with a 5 second delay but thought that was a little too harsh

You should be able to still buy tickets from their website and get an emailed ticket immediately for 10am access. Loads of free parking - I normally parking in the Trafford centre car park. The queues are long but when the doors open you just walk in holding your arm in the air to show your wrist band (which they do in the queues prior to opening) so only takes 5 - 10 mins if you're at the back.

Probaly one for @Poibug ?

Just remembered my Iron man has no key lock on the coin door, just has one of those door handle things. The lock i used for the last NLP got used on Queens Castle - i never replaced it! Doooooh!

Do you guys have a spare coin door lock (and key) i can buy or borrow for the show please?

Cheers

JB

I'll be there Sunday with a fellow marshal.

Big thanks to all who have again given up so much time and effort to arrange this and those who have pledged machines.

Cheers all. Fantastic job

At the risk of sounding like a mum / or even a little bit sensible..................... carrying a pocket hand sanitizer is a good idea, or at the very least regular hand washing while at the Show. That place is a hotbed of germs :eek:..... the sweaty hands all over games. You only have to witness the number of non hand washers exiting the toilets to make you fearful :eek::sad: I know in the past people who have come back with horrendous lurgies.

9ce6a2395f0c5da6c86b2d85ccca6e82--combat-medic-vietnam-history.jpg

At the risk of sounding like a mum / or even a little bit sensible..................... carrying a pocket hand sanitizer is a good idea, or at the very least regular hand washing while at the Show. That place is a hotbed of germs :eek:..... the sweaty hands all over games. You only have to witness the number of non hand washers exiting the toilets to make you fearful :eek::sad: I know in the past people who have come back with horrendous lurgies.

Yeh, I was a little ill after the first one I attended but was fine last year. It isn't worth worrying about though, if germs want to find a way to you then they will do, unless you attend in a bubble.

BartBubble.jpg

Back
Top Bottom