What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No More Meat

Likewise, not a fan per se, but like him in Rocky horror, very sad news never the less, way too young.

Sad news about the death of Meatloaf.
Not a huge fan of the music but does remind me of early teen school days.
Time for a Bat Out of Hell pin - what a multiball that would be
You took the words right out my mouth Pax, I wasn’t a big fan but a fan none the less, very talented guy,

He wasn't just a singer, he was a performer and an epic one at that - and his passion for his music and performance will never be matched. I'm not a huge fan but the music and performance was just out of this world. Been playing his music all morning. OIRVMMACTTA is just an amazing tune:

I am a huge fan, gutted today to hear this news

He was indeed a performer, not just a singer

I was at his very last UK concert at the O2 some years ago
I remember he had to go off stage half way through 'two out of three ain't bad' The instrumental break went on for about 5 minutes...
Meat was sitting in a chair at the side of the stage with medics giving him oxygen.
He came back on and tried to continue... the packed house of 20k people sang it with him. it was a magical moment.
Remembering it brings a tear to my eye.

RIP Marvin

Sad news. He was often playing in the house that I grew up in and then my own later. He did songs with humour, epic emotion that really rocked. Fantastic pick you up music.
Road trip anthems that also worked when you were cooking.
What a performer.
Good call with the road trip music, I agree

One of the artists that everyone knows but it’s bloody hard to find someone who would class themselves as a fan.

In hindsight Bat out of Hell would probably have made a decent theme for a pin. Far more recognisable to the average middle aged punter than Rush etc

I remember when Dead Ringer came out - I was 12 and thought the song and video were one of the coolest things out ; it used to **** me off how TOTP would play their credits over it and cut it short !

Never saw him live - had tickets 86ish for DeMontfort halls in Leicester but the drummer choked on his own vomit just before and I couldn’t make the rescheduled date. Rock’n roll and brew maybe.

Thank you Mr Loaf and Steinman, not least for this :

One of the artists that everyone knows but it’s bloody hard to find someone who would class themselves as a fan.
Look no further John :D Got Bat out of Hell for Christmas 77 (I remember my dad saying "Meatloaf, what kind of name is that for a band"! 😂) and got every album after then re-bought them on CD, obviously! Even brought the Jim Steinman Bad For Good album!!!

this is the sort of music that would be fantastic for pinball in my view. Doubtful it will happen but I'd be in for a Stern Meatloaf pinball.

Got tickets to see him in '91 or '92 I think it was, maybe at Nottingham? What a show, the man was such a performer. I was a metal/hard rock fan but he was absolutely awesome. RIP sir!

Thank god! (Been ignoring this as thought it was a vegan thread. ) Another great performer lost.

My wife is a big Meat Loaf fan and I was lucky enough to have seen him in concert four times. I took my wife to see him at the Royal Albert Hall in 2006 for the concert he did to mark the release of Bat Out of Hell III. It was an amazing concert. A very sad loss. RIP Meat Loaf.

Part of my gold awards collection .. not a great fan but this is a classic album with many memories

Attachments

• 2D17D721-E5A3-480E-88B1-178FDE569651.jpeg
    2D17D721-E5A3-480E-88B1-178FDE569651.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 8AE98D70-B8C2-4398-B393-DC685094BE57.jpeg
    8AE98D70-B8C2-4398-B393-DC685094BE57.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 150304C6-47A9-4E2C-AD7F-31746D2B01F5.jpeg
    150304C6-47A9-4E2C-AD7F-31746D2B01F5.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom