What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No longer doing new builds... and other 'PickHolder' moanings - and advice.

Thanks I thought it was that but I’m terrible at working out real pin names from just the initials, lol!
Haha, it’s the pinball code
when I got back into pinball 2 years ago, I was forever googling the acronyms, it’s a slow process, but eventually you get to remember them

Haha, it’s the pinball code
when I got back into pinball 2 years ago, I was forever googling the acronyms, it’s a slow process, but eventually you get to remember them
I did have a "decoder" on here for table abbreviations (i.e. when someone posted say AFM and you hovered over it it would show the name, click on it and it would take you to the IBDB entry.

Rebuilding it under a new add-on..... Standard story of too much to do and no time to do it in!... Hopefully will be able to restart on it soon!

Sorry to hear Mr Pick Holder has given up on these for the time being... I can imagine it's VERY time consuming and also as with restoring pins, you never get back the cost for the time involved...
Kudos tho - Have seen some of the awesome work he has done..

I did have a "decoder" on here for table abbreviations (i.e. when someone posted say AFM and you hovered over it it would show the name, click on it and it would take you to the IBDB entry.

Rebuilding it under a new add-on..... Standard story of too much to do and no time to do it in!... Hopefully will be able to restart on it soon!

Sorry to hear Mr Pick Holder has given up on these for the time being... I can imagine it's VERY time consuming and also as with restoring pins, you never get back the cost for the time involved...
Kudos tho - Have seen some of the awesome work he has done..
Cheque is in the post.....

Damn you! I'm trying to avoid loading up new tables and playing what I've already got. Feel like I have to grab it though in case it disappears for whatever reason.
Sorry :D
After VPinball.com's sudden ending I grab something I want and put it in a safe place even if I don't get around to installing it right away, just in case another site disappears overnight.

It's a constant upgrade cycle, sometimes feels like I spend more time getting the latest releases than I do actually playing.
I have a very curated collection these days, I'm pretty picky about the graphics quality and physics of the release and then I spend the time creating a POV which so the table is correctly scaled

I'm at just over 80 tables, which is pretty small compared to some.

(And no the IMDN hasn't surfaced to my knowledge, nor has the new TZ which I believe is in the works....)

Just having a scroll through, and wanted to raise the point that I believe RetroPlay (mentioned above) is now in liquidation, but the website is still taking orders... beware.
As ever, if anyone is looking for some help with a self build - feel free to PM :)

325444606_558818769480785_5739141388452585967_n.jpg

Retro play are not taking orders, the website is still active, but any payments have been disabled.
The last time I looked, he owes nearly 200k in unfulfilled orders, a lot of people been hung out to dry, and a lot of them, it seems won’t receive a penny. David Gilmore, is the lowest of the low !
I received a machine from him last September, turns out I was one of the lucky ones

Have added to the top post that Retro Play are in liquidation - just in case anyone only reads the first few lines.

I WILL TAKE ON NEW BUILDS. BUT FULL PAYMENT WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE THE BUILD IS STARTED - I will also work on a 8 week maximum build time, normally 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom