What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress No Good Gofers! Mini Shop

jack burton

Registered
So I finally got my new NGG up on legs and got a proper look at it. Its really in nice condition, few scrapes on the outside but that doesnt bother me really. PF is good with only the usual wear spot that I will sort out straight away

There are a few issues I have to get cracking on though

• Repair the white pop bumper (works but skirt is damaged)
  • New flippers
  • Install new decals
  • Replace lights with LEDs
  • Raised insert ( 5x Bonus insert is slightly raised on the right hand side)
  • Wheel (Spins constantly when playing, seems to be a common problem)
  • Switches (Few errors for worn out switches and one switch disconnected and put in backwards)
  • New rubbers
  • Clean the sh1te out of it, its filthy!
Heres a few pictures before any work

i.imgur.com_bTkuUKf.jpg

i.imgur.com_jayOIXU.jpg i.imgur.com_pq7oP6P.jpg

i.imgur.com_JkMRIxF.jpg

i.imgur.com_FlF8tSh.jpg

i.imgur.com_loCQc2T.jpg

i.imgur.com_Ij5Vzpv.jpg

Found 7 balls in the machine ( not including the captive ball )

i.imgur.com_EqGJ3PH.jpg

i.imgur.com_NeKSIto.jpg

i.imgur.com_FcMOKgZ.jpg

i.imgur.com_yGqsFyb.jpg

Fairly new to all this so I'll be asking a lot of questions and getting this done bit by bit over the next few weeks hopefully

First step is tonight to make a list of parts I need to order

Looks like it'll clean up nicely!
I use an app called wunderlist.
Make a list of stuff for each game and try to chip away at it!

All looks oddly familiar :)

Let us know how you get on with the raised 5x insert, is the main thing I still need to sort of mine before I'm happy with how it plays.

All looks oddly familiar :)

Let us know how you get on with the raised 5x insert, is the main thing I still need to sort of mine before I'm happy with how it plays.

Will do. I was going to heat it from underneath with a hot air and use a flat piece of wood to level it out. Mylar then to protect it?

Hotair gum might be too hot?
I've used a hair dryer.
I've always had the opposite with sunken inserts !

Hotair gum might be too hot?
I've used a hair dryer.
I've always had the opposite with sunken inserts !

Have a hot air gun that has a low setting so ill give it a few light passes and see if that loosens it up.

Gluing it from the underside then, hot glue gun?

Cool machine, hot glue should work no problem and its easy enough to remove if you ever need to and shouldn't soak into the wood

Wood glue and hot glue soften when warm you need to use something like a mitre glue / super glue to 're glue the insert once level.

Got a bit done with this tonight.

Turns out the wheel spinning was just a connector on the driver board. Working properly now. So that was a nice solution

Seem to have a new problem. Buds ramp doesnt stay down to lock balls. I didnt get a proper look but id imagine its mechanical because the game thinks the ramp is up. Anyone have any ideas?

Managed to get all the switches sorted and the gophers ramps are working. Just tweaked a few bits with them and they seem to be working fine now. I'll give them a proper gameplay test tomorrow and check all the switches properly , fingeres crossed

My right slingshot is acting up now. Its sticking after it fires the ball away. Took a look and the spring under there is all twisted up, anyone know what my best option is there? Replace everything?

Apart from that everything else is just cosmetic, ordered a replacement decal for under the slam ramp. Very disapoined with the print quality. I was considering even sending it back to pinball centre. @windoesnot did you order that piece? Is there only the one place printing them?

Really cant wait to get this fully done and get some nice scores!!!

Got my decal from the same place, don't need to apply for a while but the print quality was fine.

Am sure there's a U.S. stockist who sells them too but can't remember who, do recall it costing a fair bit more though.

Thanks lads, ill order that in the next few days. Might get the backboard decal aswell

Any of ye ever put it on? Would it need a wet sam etc before hand?

I got decals from pinballcenter.eu before for tales from the crypt.
Absolutely ****e.
Sent them back at my own expense.
They were actually printed on a home printer. Not cut or anything and still half of a decal was missing!

EDIT:
It was best of pinball

Last edited:
Thanks lads, ill order that in the next few days. Might get the backboard decal aswell

Any of ye ever put it on? Would it need a wet sam etc before hand?
don't get the backboard decal. i thought the same as you (postage reduction as a proportion of cost? yes, me too) but tbh the backbox one is a waste of time. takes ages to get the bits off to do it, and hardly noticeable. i put it in my thread recently - search on my name and NGG and it will come up. leaves you needing to buy something else to justify the postage i agree.

I got decals from pinballcenter.eu before for tales from the crypt.
Absolutely ****e.
Sent them back at my own expense.
They were actually printed on a home printer. Not cut or anything and still half of a decal was missing!
Pinballcenter.eu do seem to have a quality issue with some items. I bought a T2 skull and ship a while back and they were awful. Hand detailed using a marker pen ffs!?! Sent them back.

don't get the backboard decal. i thought the same as you (postage reduction as a proportion of cost? yes, me too) but tbh the backbox one is a waste of time. takes ages to get the bits off to do it, and hardly noticeable. i put it in my thread recently - search on my name and NGG and it will come up. leaves you needing to buy something else to justify the postage i agree.

Had a read there, got some good tips, thanks

Most welcome dude. I don't like paying their $25 postage for a 10g sticker in an envelope but I asked the bloke - Allen, nice bloke - and he said unfortunately he had been ripped off so many times now by folk claiming something never turned up and demanding refunds that nowadays he only does 'priority mail with tracking' but that he is happy to write 'gift' and a low value on the envelopes so at least we don't get stung twice. I get my US stuff delivered these days to a friend in New Jersey usually, and she sends to me at cost when she gets around to it. Maybe one day I will get her to post me a kilo of crack.

Enjoying this thread by the way.

Yeah I was just onto my friend who lives in Canada going to see how much it costs to get to him and see if its worth my while then.

Thanks dude, my first time really doing any repair work on a machine, shouldn't be too much longer at it either

Back
Top Bottom