What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nlp pin loaners pls read!!

Hi all this is for pin loaners for the nlp show in October this helps you help us so that games can be set up with no hick ups and pins run smooth and every one enjoys the week end and the games thanks every one:thumbs:

Good post Dave, nothing worse than an obviously shagged pin at a show that sits there like a dumb turkey all weekend.

... and that's my machine fate tempted.

I'very got some spares I bought off someone here, will add them to your goodie bag!
Cheers Jon but tbh I think I'd quite like to challenge the rule first as it seems arbitrary and would rather not change six locks and then change them all back if I can avoid it. I've taken games to shows before with keyless locks on without problems.

@Pudsey pinball what say you Dave, is there any flexibility?

Isn't it a safety issue really ,on the off chance somebody decides to poke around in there with power on..... a child most likely, but also a passing idiot.
Probably a bit of both. I don't know. I'm not even going. Don't know why I'm even getting involved really. Consider me a nosey passer by, like the rubber neckers on the other side of a motorway accident, causing holdups for no reason. :sad:

Here's a question, my WPT has one of those metal non flat plunger heads with a point in the middle of it. Should I put a note on the machine to tell people not to plunge with their palm unless they want a hole putting in it? I can just imagine some gonad doing this then kicking up a fuss for their own stupidity.

Here's a question, my WPT has one of those metal non flat plunger heads with a point in the middle of it. Should I put a note on the machine to tell people not to plunge with their palm unless they want a hole putting in it? I can just imagine some gonad doing this then kicking up a fuss for their own stupidity.

No way ! That was the whole point (;)) of those pointy plungers - to stop people 'slamming' them . If you are that dumb to do it hard enough to hurt yrself then maybe just slam yr head against it, hopefully caving in yr skull, resulting in swift death and preventing the gene pool being polluted.:thumbs:

Do many people really palm plunge anyway ??

I've taken a BK2K to shows for the last five years with a pointy plunger knob. There have been no complaints made about it at all.

Serves the idiot right if he doesn't look before palming the plunger... :rofl:

I get it why organisers of events are worried nowadays. The rules that our political leaders introduced allow scamsters to claim for dubious accidents and be assisted by slip and trip lawyers

I went to the quiz at my village hall. Was very hot and stuffy, no ventilation. The village hall committee man explained that the ceiling fans were not working as some kids helium balloons got wrapped in them and trained folk were required to work at height to remove them. We could no open the doors either for some other stupid reasons. So we sat there doing what we were told sweltering.

Two very old ladies doing the catering on behalf of the local women's institute ignored the rules. Marched up to the doors and opened them. Instant relief to the obedient fools doing the quiz.

It showed me how pathetic as a society we have become. And how older generations just did sensible stuff without the need for official sanction, qualifications etc etc. Thank God that old folk like this were around when hitler was on the march.

Last edited:
I'll never forget the first year I took my machines along. Holy Mary!! Health and Safety would have been up in arms. All issues resolved though. :D

I take it flame polishing mid session is a no no then ;)

Back
Top Bottom