What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo Switch

Switch Lite out on 20th Sep - already available for pre-order @ £199. Being portable only, I'm not feeling the love :(

Switch Lite out on 20th Sep - already available for pre-order @ £199. Being portable only, I'm not feeling the love :(

Yeah - already got a Switch, and it's light enough.
If anything i wanted Switch +, with some 4K fun, if only on the TV.
Wonder if it'll do HDMI out to a TV via the USB-C charge port? Ah, no it won't.
Limited colours too, like that would bother me...

That's the reduction of price I was talking about :p
Good option if you're interested in a dedicated handheld, can only get cheaper still (has to) once the pre-order/launch hype is out the way.

I don't get who they're aiming this at, surely anyone would rather spend £40 more or whatever it is now and be able to dock it to their TV? Still loving my switch, easily my favourite console of all time.

I don't get who they're aiming this at, surely anyone would rather spend £40 more or whatever it is now and be able to dock it to their TV? Still loving my switch, easily my favourite console of all time.
Agreed but £199 is the top pre-order price compared to best deals on Switch with a game which can be as low as £230ish on Ebay discount days. Once the price normalises they're aiming at a massive market.

Still loving my switch, easily my favourite console of all time.
That's crazy talk, weren't you around in the SNES days 👍 Talking of which, picked up this bad boy yesterday, latest version in Gameboy colouring. I'm almost preferring it to the Pro controller.

That's crazy talk, weren't you around in the SNES days 👍 Talking of which, picked up this bad boy yesterday, latest version in Gameboy colouring. I'm almost preferring it to the Pro controller.

View attachment 88602
I caught the very tail end of the SNES era but I was a Megadrive lad I'm afraid 😂 I do really enjoy playing the SNES now though haha

Very, very suspicious of the new Switch model. I realise I'm not the target market in that I don't find the lack of removable Joycons and no TV output as acceptable, but nobody should buy one of those things until someone can verify that Nintendo has fully redesigned the joysticks themselves, now they are built into the system the problems with the sticks will be even worse.

The joysticks on the Switch are not sealed units, and they use metal-on-graphite contacts to operate. They're all doomed to failure, it's a question of not 'if' but 'when'.

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/...ckground-discovers-joy-con-drift-design-flaw/

I can't see them upgrading the stick designs because they've already gone for the most low-tech and cheap option as it stands. Has really soured Switch ownership for me, personally.

They can be opened and replaced, or even fully torn down and repaired, cleaned and di-electric lubed but the Joycons are bloody fragile things and you need tri-wing driver bits to get in.

Cool - Means that there may be some good deals from those that want the "newest model" :D
I've been waiting for a price drop to help justify a second unit for utterly ages - never arrived. I'm far from unusual there.

You'd have to be quick!

I think the lack of removable controllers is a terrible idea. One of the best things about the switch is going from 1 player to two player by removing the controls. Stops no end of arguments in the back of our car.

If it bring the cost of original switches down though, I'm all for it. Never get to use mine as it now seems to belong to the kids!

Has anyone got Crash Team Racing? I bought it the other day and am obsessed with it! It's kinda tough getting used to drifting though after playing so much Mario Kart!

No, I was v tempted but the reviews put me off and don't want to lose my MK edge learning different techniques.

On the MK front, we really should hold a Pinballinfo MK GP one evening - anybody up for that? 🚗🚙🏎🏁
YES!! That's a great idea. I thought the same at first but I suck at Mario Kart so can't really get any worse haha

On the MK front, we really should hold a Pinballinfo MK GP one evening - anybody up for that? 🚗🚙🏎🏁

Up for it, although I haven't played MK in about a year and I was rubbish when I did.

So update to the original is now formal cited September for UK, better battery life than Lite. Imo I can't see current owners upgrading but worth waiting if new buyer.

Seems to me they specifically don't want to disrupt the existing product, could easily have packaged with some of the new joycon colour options to have jazzed it up

On a completely unrelated note. I picked up a PlayStation classic on prime day for £15.99.!!
I thought that was too cheap to pass up. Even with its bad rep.

That's proper cheap! As someone who paid full whack on pre-order I was massively disappointed with it compared to the Nintendo products but for that kind of money you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom